AR380 F2 Power supplies

Options
MParker
MParker Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello I have acquired an Acer AR380F2 from a friend who has posted here before for HDD cages.

I am seeing this server now reboot itself several times a day to just occasionally, sadly it is not logging anything in the the IPMI logs or the BIOS but i caught it this evening when a VM i was running crashed and i was home to catch it and ran to the monitor to see it booting back up again

the first 10 digital of the serial are PS00837381

i was wondering if you know of anything i could do or how to acquire possibly some new power supplies for the server.

I do have one supply on a UPS and another to AC Mains in my home.

thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    MParker
    You can contact Acer store or Acer part partners to get the power supply for your server.
    Acer store : https://store.acer.com/en-us/
    Acer part partners : List of Acer Part Partners

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • MParker

Tinkerer

Options
    thanks. I might have found it might be the ram i just noticed recently installed ram is 2rx8 and the existing is 2rx4 the manual says not to mix so i pulled the x8 stuff out and trying to see how it runs
  • MParker

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi @Sharanji
    I could really stand to learn how to update the bios as well though i have P01 installed and looking to update to P04 just cant find any documentation on how

I am running Unraid on this server and have three VM's Windows 10, Fedora 27 and Ubuntu 18.04

i have the files and tried to update via IPMI bit its looking for a bin file the firmware does have

I also could not find an update option in the BIOS

could you please advise how to install the BIOS i downloaded (P04) ???