Hello from a new kid on the block needing a little help. (Aspire One Netbook)

Options
JustJim
JustJim Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I'm the proud owner two Acer computers. My portable is an Aspire One Netbook. My desktop computer (Acer Aspire | X), which has led me to this Community today, is the one that I am seeking peer answers. Is the HDMI connection on the back of computer a one way connection (if so, input or output only) or bi-directional. I am using as my primary display a Philips Meow television set which has among several of input and output options a PC interface as well as a few HDMI ports.

I have experimented with connecting an HDMI cable between the HDMI on the back of my desktop to the HDMI1 port of my television set. What results is the horizontal content of the screen extending beyond the range of the display itself. How do I keep this from occurring? You can download the manual here : https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/...12/46pfl8007k_12_dfu_eng.pdf

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The link is not working! But I think I understand what's happening!
    It is possible that the image is being extended! Press the windows + p keys and select only second screen!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Many TV monitors provide overscan so there is no border around the edge of the screen. When a computer image is displayed that means the edges are cut off. Usually they will have some menu option to disable overscan on a port, which gives the display you are looking for. If the TV doesn't support turning it off then sometimes the graphic card will scale your desktop to a slightly lower resolution with an empty border.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JustJim
    JustJim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank's billsey for the assistance.
    In my original Post, I neglected to mention that it is my Acer Aspire | X that has the HDMI port. Is this port output only?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, I believe so. The HDMI on your Aspire can drive a monitor, but doesn't receive anything from the monitor except the normal plug-n-play info. Did you find anything on the TV to disable overscan mode? If not, let me know the full model number of your Aspire and we'll look into the video drivers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.