Wifi wont work.

Options
devumatt
devumatt Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello I have an cromebook model R 11 and when I try to turn on the wifi it turns itself off. Idk why it dose this, there is no error messages so if u know how to fix this please tell me. Id really like if the method is free and easy but if not please tell me otherwise. Thanks. Ps. I just made this account to ask this question so I have no idea on how this all works.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    devumatt 
    What exactly happens when you try to connect your Chromebook to wi-fi? Do you get any error message?

Please perform a power wash and check the issue.
    A 'Powerwash' is a Factory Reset that is used prior to performing a system recovery. Performing a powerwash will erase all local data. 

Powerwash When Not Signed In
    Shutdown the power completely by holding down the power button for 5 seconds
    Press the power button to turn the Chromebook on.
    Once the Chromebook has finished booting, ensure you do not log in.
    On the sign in screen, press the Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R keys simultaneously.

Powerwash When Signed In
    Click on the status area in the lower right corner of your display and click Settings.
    Scroll down in the Settings screen until you see 'Show Advanced Settings' and then click on this option.
    Scroll down until you see Powerwash. Click on Powerwash. Click on Restart.
    Continue and Click Reset. The Chromebook will reboot with a screen that says 'Powerwash in progress...'

After the Powerwash is complete, the Chromebook will reboot.and you will be guided through initial setup.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • devumatt
    devumatt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    devumatt 
    What exactly happens when you try to connect your Chromebook to wi-fi? Do you get any error message?

Please perform a power wash and check the issue.
    A 'Powerwash' is a Factory Reset that is used prior to performing a system recovery. Performing a powerwash will erase all local data. 

Powerwash When Not Signed In
    Shutdown the power completely by holding down the power button for 5 seconds
    Press the power button to turn the Chromebook on.
    Once the Chromebook has finished booting, ensure you do not log in.
    On the sign in screen, press the Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R keys simultaneously.

Powerwash When Signed In
    Click on the status area in the lower right corner of your display and click Settings.
    Scroll down in the Settings screen until you see 'Show Advanced Settings' and then click on this option.
    Scroll down until you see Powerwash. Click on Powerwash. Click on Restart.
    Continue and Click Reset. The Chromebook will reboot with a screen that says 'Powerwash in progress...'

After the Powerwash is complete, the Chromebook will reboot.and you will be guided through initial setup.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

It did not work. The "connect to network" screen dose not display my wifi ssid.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    devumatt said:
    It did not work. The "connect to network" screen dose not display my wifi ssid.
    devumatt
    >>>>Change your WiFi Router Settings
    Your WiFi settings might be incompatible with the Chromebook or causing problems. You will have to log into the administration panel of your WiFi router. Each router is different so you’ll need to hunt around or check your router manual for where the setting options are located.
    On your Chromebook type in the web address of your WiFi router (check with your router manual if you don’t know).
    Login (if you don’t remember your router username and password then check your router manual or online for the default username/password of your router model).
    For your WiFi security make sure that your encryption is set to WPA2-PSK with AES Encryption. Make sure that you Disable TKIP if it is enabled.
    Disable WPS.
    Disable WMM/QoS
    Restart your Chromebook.

>>>>If you have a Ubee modem/router then the following sequence of steps which are similar to the steps above may resolve the issue:
    Type in your Ubee modem IP. (192.168.0.1)
    Click Login on the left. Username and password is “user”
    Click on Wireless on top and then click Primary Network on the left.
    I click Disabled under Automatic Security Configuration and it seemed to solve the issue. Make sure Primary Network is enabled and your WPA2-PSK is enabled too. I would enable WPA only but it wouldn’t let me. Underneath, there is WPA/WPA2 Encryption. Make sure it says AES.
    If that doesn’t work, click on WMM on the left toolbar. Turn WMM Support and No Acknowledgement off. Keep Power Save Support on.