Tuning Dolby Audio software equalizer(PH G3-572).

Options
HK1994
HK1994 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi fellow Acer users,
I recently have discovered that my Predator comes with Dolby Audio and presets.
However,I also found out that it has a built-in equalizer.
I wanted to ask whether I should use it or not and if so,how can I tweak it to have better sound quality?
Best of wishes,
K.

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi, Regarding your query about Dolby Audio Equalizer.....

EqualizerAPO

-*-WARNING - READ BEFORE CHANGING PREAMP-*-
    Always keep volume at middle range (50%) when changing the Preamp, as high Preamp could damage your speakers, headphones, earbuds and/or ears. By default, the Preamp is lowered to -3. Increasing it until +3 is relatively safe but be cautious of increasing it more than that without taking the previous precautions mentioned. High Preamp may also distort sound quality.

-*-The drivers must be reinstalled after every major Windows update.-*-

This is the first posting. Details and screenshots will be added and refined in the future. We will be able to post our own equalizer profiles for best audio settings as well, as we mess with it. The settings are stores in *\EqualizerAPO\config\config.txt.

Basic Device Setup:

1. Make sure the audio device you want to use/modify/test is connected.
    2. Download Equalizer APO
    a. https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
    3. During installation, I set the location to C:\EqualizerAPO because they do not give you desktop shortcuts.
    4. After the installation, you will be prompted for which audio devices you wish to use Equalizer APO for. You can choose one, or all. This can be changed later.
    5. When you choose the device(s), it may require a restart, and all Windows will disappear.
    6. Configuration:
    a. To modify the equalizer and Preamp settings, launch C:\EqualizerAPO\Editor.exe
    b. To change what devices use Equalizer, launch C:\EqualizerAPO\Configurator.exe

Laptop Speakers (includes headphone jack):

I had some difficulty getting it to change my Helios 300 (G3-571) speakers, but I found out how. Follow below:

1. After Equalizer APO installs, open the Configuration.exe.
    2. Highlight Speakers, and check the 'Troubleshooting options' button.
    3. Uncheck both 'Use original APO' buttons, and change Install as to 'Install as SFX/EFX (experimental)'
    4. Restart and it should work.
    5. Feedback is appreciated.

Questions, please let me know.

Frequency Table (to help with tweaking the equalizer):

Sub-Bass - 62Hz and lower
    Mid-Bass - 62-125Hz
    Upper-Bass - 125-250Hz

Lower-Mid - 250-500Hz
    Middle-Mid - 500-1kHz
    Upper-Mid - 1k-2kHz

Lower-Treble - 2k-4kHz
    Middle-Treble - 4k-8kHz
    Upper-Treble - 8kHz and higher

SOURCE: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/faq-cpu-gpu-temps-fps-settings-other-info/p1

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)