Adding case fans G3-710

Nxmo
Nxmo Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
I’m trying to add some case fans to the pc, since it came with none. I was able to get the exhaust fan in, bun the intake I’m having trouble with cause I don’t know how to get the front bezel off which is where all of the people I seen put their intake, also I’m trying to add a side fan but this huge piece of plastic is just blocking the place where my fan should be, what even is the point of this piece of plastic.

Answers

• Nxmo
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Looks like the front fan will be an issue with the drive bays in the way. The trick to the front bezel is that you need to take the front of the DVD drive off first. Then you can just release the latches and pivot it off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nxmo
    billsey said:
    Looks like the front fan will be an issue with the drive bays in the way. The trick to the front bezel is that you need to take the front of the DVD drive off first. Then you can just release the latches and pivot it off.
    The DVD front is held by a spring, I don’t understand how I’m suppose to take it off, I opened the side panel and was able to get lose the 3 latches, but there’s still some stuff on the front panel holding it in and I have no idea where they are located or how to take them off
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Maybe this will help, there's a latch.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Turv3y
    Turv3y Member Posts: 7 New User
    All I had to do to get the front of mine off was undo the clips that run down the sides of the bezel and then unplug the power cable that runs to the power button on the top part of the PC and it comes off.  Disc tray does not come out with it.   The cover that is part of the bezel comes off with it.