uneven core temperatures helios 300

vedang55
vedang55 Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My 2 months old acer helios 300 has uneven core temperatures under load, temp delta upto 20C, the problem wasn't there before last week, what must have happened suddenly and what could be the solution?

Answers

• Skree
    Skree Member Posts: 97 Fixer WiFi Icon
    My guess would be that you have an active service or process that uses just one core, that would explain the uneven temps beetween cpu cores.

The issue happens when you play a game or do intensive stuff... or when you are idle? If it's the latter check the idle processes and see which ones uses more CPU,that would probably be the culprit.
  • vedang55
    vedang55 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Skree said:
    My guess would be that you have an active service or process that uses just one core, that would explain the uneven temps beetween cpu cores.

The issue happens when you play a game or do intensive stuff... or when you are idle? If it's the latter check the idle processes and see which ones uses more CPU,that would probably be the culprit.
    Its even on idle, but while playing games, or while stress testing where all cores have 100% usage, there's a major difference in temps, core 1 and core 3 hit 94C sometimes while the others stay around 80C