VX15 i5 can’t boot SSD M.2

Options
Felipecunha04
Felipecunha04 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently bought a Samsung evo 970 m.2 to use as my main drive on the vx15. But I’ve encountered many problems such as: I’ve made a bootable usb through rufus(uefi:ntfs) and in BIOS it shows up, but I won’t boot in legacy mode. In UEFI it doesn’t even appear(secure mode disabled) and the message “no bootable device” appears as well. I’ve also tried to migrate OS through mini tool partition and the SSD still won’t boot. I’m trying to make a clean installation, but I can’t even have my flash drive booted in this BIOS. It’s on the latest 1.06 version. If only I could boot the USB drive(tried all the ports), I guess I could solve the SSD issue by making a clean install.
I’ve been reading lots of threads and other forums and yet my issue continues. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    When you created the bootable drive, did you select GPT for partition scheme?
  • JVDOCTORA
    JVDOCTORA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I recently bought a Samsung evo 970 m.2 to use as my main drive on the vx15. But I’ve encountered many problems such as: I’ve made a bootable usb through rufus(uefi:ntfs) and in BIOS it shows up, but I won’t boot in legacy mode. In UEFI it doesn’t even appear(secure mode disabled) and the message “no bootable device” appears as well. I’ve also tried to migrate OS through mini tool partition and the SSD still won’t boot. I’m trying to make a clean installation, but I can’t even have my flash drive booted in this BIOS. It’s on the latest 1.06 version. If only I could boot the USB drive(tried all the ports), I guess I could solve the SSD issue by making a clean install.
    I’ve been reading lots of threads and other forums and yet my issue continues. 
    having the same problem and i hope someone can give answers..