Aspire ES1523 laptop doesn't update and shut down.

Bidur
Bidur Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
My Aspire ES1523 laptop doesn't update and shut down either. Update and shut option doesn't respond at all.Laptop is in sleep for days sometimes.I have tried several times so i hope for genuine suggestions.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    Bidur 
    Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

In some cases Windows 10 (OS 1709) does not resume from sleep mode with a key press or mouse click. Previous versions of Windows only required one key press or mouse click to wake the system. You can wake the system by pressing a key twice on the keyboard, or clicking your mouse button twice. The first click will wake the system with no video displayed and the second click will enable the video.

Try to Disable Hibernation
    Press the Windows  key and the letter X on your keyboard at the same time.
    Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu that appears. Click Yes to allow the app to make changes to your PC.
    Type powercfg/h off and press Enter. Restart your computer.

Run the Windows Power Management troubleshooter.
    Type troubleshooting in the Windows search box and press Enter. Select Troubleshooting (control panel) from the list of search results. Click System and Security. Click Power. Click Next to run the power management troubleshooter. Click Close when the troubleshooter completes. Restart your computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!