Keyboard acer E1 530

HADJER
HADJER Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Help plz my laptop is acer E1 530
The keyboard doesn't work
when i press on caps lock it write letter Q !!
i've tried all the solution but it doesn't work
plz help me

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    HADJER 

This could be an issue with ToggleKeys. Try rebooting the computer and try pressing the Num Lock, Caps Lock, or Scroll Lock keys indicator on and off.
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 

>>Power reset
    Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

>>You can temporarily enable the on-screen keyboard or connect an external keyboard if you are not comfortable without a keyboard.
    To start the onscreen keyboard, you can also go to the the Windows Start Search, type osk.exe and hit Enter.
    In Windows 10, you will see the setting in Setings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

>>Turn on Stickey Keys and also uncheck on Turn on Filter Keys
    Press Windows key + I key together to open Settings Window. Then scroll down to find and click Ease of Access. Click on Ease of Access Center. Click on Make the Keyboard easier to use. Uncheck on Turn on Stickey Keys and also uncheck on Turn on Filter Keys.

>> Another option, open Control Panel > Language. Select your default language. If you have multiple languages enabled, move another language to the top of the list, to make it the primary language – and then again move your existing preferred language back to the top of the list. This will reset the keyboard.

>>If your problem is not solved, try this method. Now to update the driver, open  Device Manager from the WinX Menu. Now under ‘Keyboards’, you will find your laptop’s keyboard. Right click on it and select ‘Uninstall’. If you are not sure about your laptop’s keyboard, you can uninstall all the keyboards. Restart your computer and check if you see its driver installing automatically. If not, again open Devices Manager, right-click on Keyboards and select Scan for hardware changes to install it. After the driver is installed, check if the keyboard starts working.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • HADJER
    HADJER Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sharanji said:
    HADJER 

This could be an issue with ToggleKeys. Try rebooting the computer and try pressing the Num Lock, Caps Lock, or Scroll Lock keys indicator on and off.
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 

>>Power reset
    Please try a simple power reset. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and check the issue.

>>You can temporarily enable the on-screen keyboard or connect an external keyboard if you are not comfortable without a keyboard.
    To start the onscreen keyboard, you can also go to the the Windows Start Search, type osk.exe and hit Enter.
    In Windows 10, you will see the setting in Setings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

>>Turn on Stickey Keys and also uncheck on Turn on Filter Keys
    Press Windows key + I key together to open Settings Window. Then scroll down to find and click Ease of Access. Click on Ease of Access Center. Click on Make the Keyboard easier to use. Uncheck on Turn on Stickey Keys and also uncheck on Turn on Filter Keys.

>> Another option, open Control Panel > Language. Select your default language. If you have multiple languages enabled, move another language to the top of the list, to make it the primary language – and then again move your existing preferred language back to the top of the list. This will reset the keyboard.

>>If your problem is not solved, try this method. Now to update the driver, open  Device Manager from the WinX Menu. Now under ‘Keyboards’, you will find your laptop’s keyboard. Right click on it and select ‘Uninstall’. If you are not sure about your laptop’s keyboard, you can uninstall all the keyboards. Restart your computer and check if you see its driver installing automatically. If not, again open Devices Manager, right-click on Keyboards and select Scan for hardware changes to install it. After the driver is installed, check if the keyboard starts working.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your questi

unfortunately all the solutions doesnt work :(
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    There is a possibility that the cable that goes from the keyboard to the motherboard has come loose partially. Double check that, but if it solidly connected you are likely going to have to replace the keyboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.