Aced Predator 15 stuck on boot up loop + black screen

Crunnie
Crunnie Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
The problem started today, after I placed it on a desk in my room. It booted up normally to the login panel but after about 5 seconds the screen went black and I couldn’t “wake it up” (thought that the screen just tunred off like always). After that I tried resetting the laptop but it went into a boot up loop and the screen didn’t display anything. I tried starting it up in safe mode but it won’t let me. I also did the battery removing simulation and plugged it to a second monitor. I had a forced win10 update 2 weeks ago and that wasn’t the last time I used my laptop. I really don’t want to end up with going back to factory settings because I have some really important files on it which I didn’t have time to back up. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    edited August 2018
    Press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to make sure the power is completely shut off. Then turn it back on again and immediately start tapping the F2 key to access the BIOS menu. Press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Then press F10 to save default settings and exit. Then hope for something good to happen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    After doing what @JackE said and if successful, update your BIOs to 1.13
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited August 2018
    @Crunnie and other users:

SSDs, whatever their form factor, can go from working to non working without any warning in the blink of an eye. And once gone, data is literally non recoverable. These are unlike the older spin disks that give out ample warnings and still some data recovery possibility present. Do NOT go by manufacturer claims of number of hours... they could get fried for whatever reasons, and you would be the only one to suffer in case of such outage.

And then comes in Windows 10... notorious for breaking literally every thing you can think of - software and hardware alike, esp with all those untested updated.

When you have important files/data, always keep a secondary disk in place. This could be in the form of a secondary hard disk, or an external drive, or at the very least a USB drive.

Personally, I would not keep anything over OS and games on SSD, cos they can always be loaded back, unless its an office laptop where important things are stored in cloud time to time.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045