Acer XB271HU not displaying wallpaper correctly after restarting

dotdotboom
dotdotboom Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I've tried getting help on reddit to no avail. I've tried installing new drivers, clean install of drivers, checking alignment of monitors in Nvidia control panel, etc. None of this seems to work. I'm honestly baffled as to how this issue even occurred and how to fix it: https://i.imgur.com/55rfxfN.jpg

My wallpaper will show up glitched on my second monitor. I am currently using the Acer XB272 as my main monitor.
Would this have something to do with my different resolutions and refresh rates?

It's weird though that every time I reinstall drivers or realign in the control panel, the issue will appear to fix itself. However, after a complete shut down and turning back on, the issue will reappear. When I start up programs, the windows won't be glitched in the bottom part of the screen. 
Also, when I play fullscreen games, my second monitor will magically fix itself and apply the correct wallpaper.

I'm hoping I don't have to get an RMA. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do?

Thank you!

Answers

• It seems to me that the desktop is being extended, so it gets weird! Try to leave both monitors with the same resolution and refresh rate!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dotdotboom
    Rip.

I suspected that could be a reason, but honestly makes no sense as to why it suddenly started happening.
    I've never had this happen before and I've been running the same 1080p for monitor 1 and 1440p for monitor 2 since getting the XB272.
    I was hoping to keep the XB271HU at 1440p because I mainly do photo editing on it and would love to have that extra screen space.

I'll see if this issue persists again at 1080p on the second monitor.
  • What is the model exact of desktop?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dotdotboom
    What is the model exact of desktop?
    I have a custom rig put together.

Using i7-7700k overclocked to 4.8ghz @ 1.256V
    Stock Asus Strix ROG 1080ti
    16gb DDR4 3000mhz RAM
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk motherboard

All drivers should be updated to the latest as well.
  • So in this case, do you connect an external monitor on the motherboard's onboard video card and the second monitor do you plug into an off-board video card? Am I right? Or do you connect the two monitors with different inputs on the off board video card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dotdotboom
    So in this case, do you connect an external monitor on the motherboard's onboard video card and the second monitor do you plug into an off-board video card? Am I right? Or do you connect the two monitors with different inputs on the off board video card?
    I have both monitors plugged into my 1080ti with display port cables. 
  • Make sure upgrading your video card driver solves the problem! Nvidia has released a new driver on August 1st! https://www.geforce.com/drivers
    Do both monitors support 144hz? What is the maximum resolution of each?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dotdotboom
    Make sure upgrading your video card driver solves the problem! Nvidia has released a new driver on August 1st! https://www.geforce.com/drivers
    Do both monitors support 144hz? What is the maximum resolution of each?
    Thanks for your response. Yes, both monitors support 144hz. Monitor 1 max is 1080p and Monitor 2 max is 1440p.
    I have already done a clean install of these drivers so I don't think it is a driver issue.

• When you turn off quick startup in the power options does the problem remain?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer