New SSD ES1-132-C8WF

2»

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Jo_Wragg said:

hmmm, it's applied an update to the correct drive but still refuses the main update number 1803?

Hi,
    If you haven't used Microsoft Update assistant, give it a try.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  • MarkieMAN64
    MarkieMAN64 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hey there. I'm going to be doing this process soon. I have the cable, I'm just going to be getting an SSD in a few. Just wondered a couple of things.

1. @brummyfan2 you provided a link to a blog with, I assume, step by step instructions. I can't access the blog (it tells me that when I click on it). Do you have them somewhere to post.

2. I couldn't find the metal...holder thingy or the screws anywhere online. Does anyone have any links to the ones I'll need, or should I just use some kind of tape or something to prevent the SSD from rattling about?

Sorry if I'm missing the answer to these questions somewhere. I joined this forum just to ask. It's quite hard to find info anywhere, especially with the precise model of laptop. Thank you.
  • Hey there. I'm going to be doing this process soon. I have the cable, I'm just going to be getting an SSD in a few. Just wondered a couple of things.

1. @brummyfan2 you provided a link to a blog with, I assume, step by step instructions. I can't access the blog (it tells me that when I click on it). Do you have them somewhere to post.

2. I couldn't find the metal...holder thingy or the screws anywhere online. Does anyone have any links to the ones I'll need, or should I just use some kind of tape or something to prevent the SSD from rattling about?

Sorry if I'm missing the answer to these questions somewhere. I joined this forum just to ask. It's quite hard to find info anywhere, especially with the precise model of laptop. Thank you.
    Hi,
    Could you please start a new thread posting your laptop model, this is an old thread, so that others can also join the discussion, thanks.