d4greenly Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I have the same trouble and it was fixed! Thank

-----------------------------

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You're welcome!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Milkbar
    Milkbar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    My friend! Glad you could solve your problem! If you were to take in a technician, he could condemn the hd and make you spend more money! However sometimes, a problem that is apparently "serious" has a solution with just a little software knowledge!
    Glad you could solve the problem! Do not forget to click promote and put the topic as solved!
    I have read all of this discussion and solved the problem. Thanks a lot. ( I have 128g sdd and 1t hdd.)
    notonmywatch there was something different. I couldn't do the 'format fs=ntfs quick', the current read-only state flag showed yes, the 'attribute' didn't work. At last, I formatted the hdd when I rebooted Windows 10 from cmd, and the SATA mode was set in AHCI. 
    Now, I have found and use my 1Tb hdd,but I can only normal start the windows 10 when SATA model is set in AHCI. If it is in 'RST with optane', the laptop reboots over and over again.
    My question is:
    Is there any potential risk that I haven't recognized it?
    The Intel RST doesn't exist in ‘Storage Controllers' anymore, and the Intel RST software can only show the hdd.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Milkbar What is the model of your notebook and the version of bios? Was the rst driver up to date? Was the ssd firmware up to date? It is possible that the cause of the reboots is windows, because many drivers are incompatible with the new version! If in ahci mode the notebook does not reboot anymore, I would leave it in this configuration until a version d odriver RST that is compatible with the latest versions of windows appears!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Milkbar
    Milkbar Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @Milkbar What is the model of your notebook and the version of bios? Was the rst driver up to date? Was the ssd firmware up to date? It is possible that the cause of the reboots is windows, because many drivers are incompatible with the new version! If in ahci mode the notebook does not reboot anymore, I would leave it in this configuration until a version d odriver RST that is compatible with the latest versions of windows appears!
    The notebook is Acer swift 3(sf314-54) and the bios was Insyde Corp. V1.06, 2018/5/11 (SMBIOS 3.0).  The rst driver was 16.5.1.1030 2018/7/19. The firmware was updated to 30001P10.
    Regarding the condition, I'm going to keep in ahci mode and monitor it as well. Cheers, my friend:-)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Mikbar I have an idea of what is happening my friend!
    You should do the following: press the windows + r keys and type msconfig; at system startup, select safe boot with network and restart the notebook! When restarting press f2 and select rst mode with optane and press f10 to save when exiting! As windows will now start in safe mode, it will not display the error message and inside windows in safe mode with network, download and install rst driver!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MichalPL
    MichalPL Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi. Looks like I have the same problem. I have new Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-57QN i5 8300H GTX1050 256SSD+1T HDD. 

My problem looks exactly like the one described by Notonmywatch. I tried to solve it as he did, but failed to do so. I stopped on restarting PC in Safe Boot mode and changing RST to AHCI. Unfortunatelly, HDD did not show up.

Please help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @MichalPL! see if that helps; https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/608426/#Comment_608426
    remembering that this will cause you to lose your files!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Servaas
    Servaas Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options
    I have about the same problem as notonmywatch had. So I was very pleased to find your discussion on this panel. I followed the steps you advised and I succeeded to get the HDD back on the system and to stop the raid mode. But the result is aswell that there are now two partions called ACER and that the laptop is booting from the partition on the HDD. And of course I prefer a boot up from the SSD.
    The print of the DiskOverview is below.
    Originaly the laptop (ACER Swift 3) was booting up from the SSD.
    In the BIOS there are two possibilities with exactly the same name to boot.
    I would be very pleased if you could give me some advice.
    Servaas

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Press windows + r and type msconfig. Then go to system startup and select ssd:

In the bios also select the ssd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Servaas
    Options
    Thanks for the very fast answer.
    When I go into msconfig I get exactly the same screen as you presented (of course in Dutch). But there is only one possibility to choise for the start and that is C:/Windows. This is the partition on the HDD. The partition on the SSD which is indicated with D: does not appear. In the BIOS the two possibilities are both named "Windows boot manager". I changed the priority an the Windows was started in safe mode.
    I hope you have some more advices.
    Servaas
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried cloning ssd again and then deleting the hd partitions?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Servaas
    Options
    No I didn't. Please tell me how to clone the ssd. Is it just copying the HDD boot partition to the SSD?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Servaas
    Options
    I will try this tomorrow. Thanks in advance
  • Servaas
    Options
    I cloned the partition as showed in the video with succes. But In the config screen still only one possibility is shown. Remarkable is taht in the BIOS two possibilities are available. But when I choose the second one the computer starts in safe mode. Is it a possibility to delete the partition on the HDD so to force a start from the partition on the SSD?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did you properly cloned all boot partitions? It is not enough to just clone the c: \! You also have to clone the other smaller partitions that are responsible for windows startup! Have you tried disconnecting the hd and leaving only the ssd connected to the computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Servaas
    Options
    I clooned three partitions , the EFI systempartition, the Windows partition and the Restore partition. For me it is a bit tricky to disconnect the HDD because I have to open the case without any experience. So I hope there are other possibilities to force a start from the SSD.
    Remarkable is that when I choose the second boot possibility in the BIOS the PC is starting up very fast but in the safe mode. The next time I start up it is again quit slow from the HDD in normal mode.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If it starts in safe mode, then when you sign in to windows, disable this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Servaas
    Options
    I am sorry, I feel like a very nasty client.
    I followed your advice and disabled the safe mode. But now I get a blue screen and an error code 0xc0000225.