Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Bios unlock password

ZerwasZerwas Posts: 3Member New User
edited August 10 in Travelmate and Extensa
Hello,

after a BIOS update to version 1.19 (Acer P645-S) a BIOS password is required, before none was set up.
The unlock password is: XXXXXXXXX
Where can I get the necessary password?

XXXXXXXXXXX did not work.

Thank you very much,
Zerwas

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

Comments

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 5,998ACE Pathfinder
    You should take it to the Acer service center! This is a recommendation required by Acer to unlock the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover!  
     :)
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • ZerwasZerwas Posts: 3Member New User
    Thank you very much! I will pass the problem on to our distributor.
    Please check if it solves your problem!
    For users of the English, Spanish and German community, I will be using google translator! :)
  • ZerwasZerwas Posts: 3Member New User
    I have installed version 1.20, but I am still prompted for a password. My distributor created the recovery code with the Acer tool, but it doesn't work either. An error seems to have occurred during the update process, so that the BIOS itself cannot be unlocked via the recovery code.
    The computer is still booting, but the boot menu cannot be opened so that PXE does not work.
    We recommend you take it to the service center or contact Acer support to find out how to proceed!
  • White_angelWhite_angel Posts: 20Member Networker
    edited August 31
    If you are unable to login to BIOS means try these steps:
    1. If it ask for BIOS password then  try to enter some inputs 3-4 time and it will ask for checksum key or hash key.
    2. got to this link where you can generate the key http://www.biospassword.org

!!!Please accept the answer if it does resolve you issue!!! 
    !!!Click Like if you like the answer!!!
  • Digite seu comentárioUnfortunately biospassword does not work for all codes!