Problems with my X34 Monitor.

skylab
skylab Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I'm late to the party but i have been having a problem for about 2 weeks now, my monitor has lines and all the color goes like mosaic .. 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @skylab

as per the screenshot it looks like the monitor is cracked on the top right edge. If it's damaged then probably the lines are appearing due to damage effect.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I don't think that's a crack, it looks like part of his wallpaper and the issue itself are the vertical lines covering the whole screen. Look at the Nvidia installer window - it's also covered in those lines so it's not part of the wallpaper.

Anyway, as for the issue itself - if you have an option to connect a different computer/laptop/receiver to this monitor, try it and see if the issue persists. If not, try a clean re-installation of Nvidia drivers and finally get in touch with Acer.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Yeah seems to be i'm wrong. its the shadow of the tomb raider game.. @VarHyid thanks for correcting me.

@skylab try the steps as mentioned by @VarHyid and if the issue persist contact customer care.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Haggles
    Haggles Member Posts: 1 New User
    @skylab did you end up getting this fixed? I just sent mine in to Acer to have it repaired and they said they could not duplicate the issue.
  • darkl4805
    darkl4805 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an identical issue.  It is intermittent.  Changing refresh rates fixes it for a couple minutes then it comes back.  Problem I've got is that I purchased the monitor in October/2015 so it is out of warranty and it was working flawless until a week ago.  Anyone have a suggestion on how to get a quote for repair?  Everything I try with Acer says I am out of warranty and they can't assist in any way.  Credit card company tells me that in order to claim my extended warranty from them I need to provide an estimate of the cost to repair.

Thanks in advance.
  • skylab
    skylab Member Posts: 3 New User
    @Haggles I haven't gotten it fixed as yet, have a bit of time remaining to ship it to acer. i'm just ***** man, i spent 1284$ USD on amazon for this and this occurred before a year, i'm done with these things, this happened to me before with my gateway 32" monitor, failed on the last day of the 1 year warranty and when i found out, they had already been a law suit, so i loss out..now to have this happen , i'm done i tell you..