How can Acer sell me a defective XB271HU monitor and expect me to pay shipping?

Zippyuser
Zippyuser Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
The XB271HU Acer predator monitor that I purchased has a known issue where a strip of pixels from the middle of the screen are relocated to the right or left side.  After being put on hold for 10 minutes I was told that I needed to ship the monitor to Acer for repair.  The funny thing is that they seem to be under the delusion that I am going to PAY to ship the monitor to Texas so they can try to fix their defective product (which is a roll of the dice in and of itself).  It must be some sort of sick joke that Acer sells these pieces as high end gaming monitors. I'm regretting paying top dollar for a junk monitor when I could have gone with LG or Samsung and got a better monitor and better customer service.

Best Answer

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    If you purchased the monitor recently you can just have your vendor swap it out. That's a lot less hassle than going through the warranty repair process.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zippyuser

Tinkerer

Unfortunately the first time I noticed the defect it was past the return period from the vendor.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Zippyuser,

i am sorry to hear that your having issues with your XB271HU monitor. 

Can you please send me a PM with your serial number so i can take a look in to this?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Zippyuser

Tinkerer

@Acer-Manny
    I haven't herd back from you regarding this issue.  Are you going to help me with this problem?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi Zippyuser,

Please check your PM for more details.

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Zippyuser

Tinkerer

@Acer-Manny
    Thank you for your help in solving my issue.