Travelmate 8473TG - A good laptop battery dead immediately after inserted and switches on

qawsee
qawsee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

I have problem with the battery dead immediately after inserted in this laptop. Infact a 2nd good battery also went dead.
The laptop also has a problem to detect the finger print reader.
The laptop was actually had been sent for repair under warranty claim (outside the 3 years warranty period). Therefore, acer did not accept for a repair as it was no longer inside the warranty period. I have asked for a followup repair but Acer refused even though it has a warranted 90 days grace period after every repair outside the warranty period as published in Acer website.

After nearly 1.5 years, the laptop fan broken and I sent to a shop for fan replacement. After reassembled, the laptop run as normal, and the finger print reader running again as well. It was found out the finger print cable was detached during the repair work handled by Acer previous repair work. The finger print issue is now considered solved.

However, the laptop still having problem with the laptop battery. Could anyone sharing experience on having dead battery when ever inserted a good battery in the laptop,and to solve the problem. Thanks.

Answers

• Try to do a power reset!
    Disconnect the notebook from power and remove the battery! Then press the power button for 30 seconds and plug in the battery and test!
    Make sure that uninstalling the battery driver in the device manager and restarting the computer solves the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)