Acer predator helios 300 G3-572. Change of bios settings causing problems.

Sandhip
Sandhip Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I Have An acer predator helios 300 G3-572 Laptop. When i first opened Bios i changed turbo boost settings in advanced options. After that am having problem like overheating and my processor ghz always stays above 3.2ghz even when in idle. then checked back to bios settings and there is no option like advanced settings. Now laptop overheats and reaches 99C.

Answers

• Anuj_Jena
    Anuj_Jena Member Posts: 23 Networker
    There is an undervolting guide on the Forum, check it out and Undervolt the CPU. After that see if your temps are reduced.
    If that doesn't workout then reset and update your BIOS driver.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>When i first opened Bios i changed turbo boost settings in advanced options. >>>

There should be no turbo boost settings in advanced BIOS options. You likely were adjusting an advanced option in predator sense or quick access applications. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sandhip

Tinkerer

No I remember there's an processor related settings... Change of that made processor run always above 3.5ghz...help me fix it 
  • HK1994
    HK1994 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    How is it possible?
    Either:
    1.You are straight up lying to us(which is not impossible).
    2.Your laptop has some sort of luck or magic on it.
    3.You are using an custom BIOS.
    Think I am trolling or whatever? I am using an Acer Predator Helios 300 with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060.
    And believe me,I have scoured the whole BIOS for 10 times + to find ONE advanced setting and I failed miserably doing so.
  • Sandhip

Tinkerer

edited July 2018
    Am not the only one to see advanced settings in bios when it is opened for the first time...I even checked others opinion and some even say that they had advanced options in bios when opened first time... Am not wasting ur times, I just need help 
  • JackE
    @Sandhip An advanced BIOS setting tab exists BUT does not have a turbo control option. You likely were adjusting an advanced option in predator sense or quick access applications. Please re-check these applications. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sandhip

Tinkerer

Yea that's what I see now. But when I opened it first there was two advanced option in menu. 
  • JackE
    There are three options shown. VTX, VTD & SATA config. Select each one and click the Enter key for possible submenus. If you still can't find what you're looking for you can always try to press F9 to load system defaults and F10 to save the settings. What is your BIOS version  number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    It is impossible for a BIOs chip to write itself unlocked then remove the setting.

I unlock BIOs.
    It's not possible.
    - Hotel Hero
  • JackE
    After trying default settings and still can't find what you want, you could also try setting and saving a BIOS supervisor password to see if any Advanced tab magic happens after entering the BIOS menu with a password. Stranger things have happened with these new-fangled UEFi bootstrappers. :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Red-Sand
    JackE said:
    After trying default settings and still can't find what you want, you could also try setting and saving a BIOS supervisor password to see if any Advanced tab magic happens after entering the BIOS menu with a password. Stranger things have happened with these new-fangled UEFi bootstrappers. :) Jack E/NJ
    Even if it were to magically happen... it wouldn't create an additional Advanced menu as the OP states.. it would just increase the options of the original advanced menu.

Additional Advanced menus are added manually when unlocking BIOs.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    In any case getting into your BIOs then pressing F9 to default it then F10 to save and exit will revert any "changes" made after factory release.

I might suggest you check windows power menu for minimum processor state and if set to 100% then change to 0%.
    - Hotel Hero
  • strider16
    strider16 Member Posts: 123 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited December 2018
    Just found this thread. Right now I restarted my g3-572 to change boot from hdd to ssd (I'm testing 1809, and wont enable any interference with my stable 1803, including dual boot, until I think it is good enough), and to my surprise I saw two advanced tabs in bios.

One of them is the usual.

The other one had lots of parameters, including memory timings, cores, gt and uncore voltages offset and more. I tried to apply on it settings I usually enter in xtu (-150mV core, -100mV gt), but it didn't applied it on boot, and when I entered bios again, there was only one advanced tab.

Maybe there is some keyboard combination, or this bios is unstable enough to unlock itself sometimes.
    Nothing peaks at the same time...
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33054103

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    That happened to me too when i first installed my wd blue 3d nand 2tb m.2 seems the bios bugged and i had another advanced tab with all those options but on the next restart it was all gone again back to normal and never showed up anymore i suspect its a bug when you upgrade the drive or something but as it was said above that shouldn't happen it will only show up in an unlocked bios there is a youtube video of an unlocked bios but i dont recommend it even if you have the programmer to dump it and someone to mod it really not recommended to mess up with you may brick it for good when re-flashing the modded one

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/