My brand new Nitro already had an issue - should I return it?

Sweet_Pea
Sweet_Pea Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, My Nitro laptop is 11 days old, and when I turned it on, there was an error message saying it couldn't start, the issue would be resolved, and then the computer would restart.  Then, Windows performed an update and it started fine.  The error was "Critical_Structure_Corruption."  Although everything is fine now, the fact that a brand new computer had this issue concerns me.  Should I return it?  Thanks.

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    This error occurred because some driver made some changes it should not have made in the kernel! Check if there is any driver update for your computer using windows update and also use the driverbooster to update the drivers!
    Take a complete ram memory test by typing memory into the cortana!
    In my opinion this should be just some driver conflict with windows! If it still remains, I recommend taking it to the service center!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sweet_Pea
    Thank you for your comments.  So do you think this is normal for a new laptop nowadays and I should just use the fixes?  What is a "service center?" I would imagine if there was one it is not near me as I live in VT.  So again, this is not a laptop I want if I need to travel to have a brand new laptop fixed. 
  • It should only be a driver or program that should have made some changes in the kernel! If the notebook no longer manifests the problem, I would not worry about it!
    The service center is the place where Acer computers are taken under warranty!
    Sorry for my English!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Does he still manifest the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sweet_Pea
    No, the computer is fine now.  My question is more related to the fact that this is a brand new computer and I don't know if I should expect further issues and just return the laptop while I still can.  Thanks. 
  • RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Sweet_Pea said:
    No, the computer is fine now.  My question is more related to the fact that this is a brand new computer and I don't know if I should expect further issues and just return the laptop while I still can.  Thanks. 
    Sweet_Pea,

Congratulations on purchasing new computer. I understand how it feels when you get into problems with 1 week old pc. I would recommend you to contact Acer in-warranty support and have them check on the pc for any driver conflicts or windows update on it, If required you can send it in for repair. Apart from that you don't have to worry.

If I helped, please click "Like"
    If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!

Regards,
    RR
    Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :) 
  • smartinez281
    smartinez281 Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    I recently purchased a Nitro and had issues around the 3rd day mark. The machine was still in warranty and Acer fixed the issue. The issue, turns out, was a bad hard drive. The machine has been running smooth as a whistle so far.
     The actual time I was without the laptop was about a week. I sent it out on 08/30 and had it back with me on 09/05. Pretty speedy turn-around considering the weekend and Labor Day. 
  • RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I recently purchased a Nitro and had issues around the 3rd day mark. The machine was still in warranty and Acer fixed the issue. The issue, turns out, was a bad hard drive. The machine has been running smooth as a whistle so far.
     The actual time I was without the laptop was about a week. I sent it out on 08/30 and had it back with me on 09/05. Pretty speedy turn-around considering the weekend and Labor Day. 
    smartinez281,

Congratulations on purchasing Acer computer.  Good to hear your feedback on the repair done.

Regards,
    RR
    Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :)