The display is completely black on Nitro 5 (AN515-51)

Options
AhmadAli
AhmadAli Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I was playing a game when the display went black and since then it is black (not off) I have tried everything from a bios update to reseting the windows I need urgent help my job depends on my laptop.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try to toggle the screen on with the FN+F6 toggle key combon. If it still won't work, try to HDMI out to a TV screen and turn it on with the FN+F5 toggle key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmadAli

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @JackE,
    I have tried doing that it does not works it shows up on the second display but the primary one is still black
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>> it shows up on the second display but the primary one is still black >>>

OK. Your graphics adapter seems to be OK. So open Device Manager on the 2nd display monitor. Do you see any red or yellow device driver warnings? If none, can you see both the primary and secondary monitors in the Monitor folder?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmadAli

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE
    it does shows bith if them
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Uninstall the primary monitor and restart! Look for updated intel drivers at www.intel.com and the nvidia driver at www.nvidia.com! You can also use the driverbooster too!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    edited July 2018
    Options
    >>>it does shows bith if them >>>

OK. Try the FN+F5 toggle key combo again to try to alternately turn the two monitors off and on. If the 1st monitor still won't turn on, the do what @egydiocoelho suggests. Uninstall the monitor's driver and reboot. If still no joy, especially if no ACER boot logo appears on the 1st monitor, then the video ribbon cable for the 1st monitor probably needs to be replaced. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AhmadAli

Tinkerer

Options
    Fn+F5 doesn’t works
  • AhmadAli

Tinkerer

Options
    @egydiocoelho
    it is not even showing the acer boot logo so I am sure it’s not a driver issue it’s just black screen
  • AhmadAli

Tinkerer

Options
    And also note that the screen is black not off
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    with the external monitor on, try entering the bios by pressing f2 and press fn + f5 to see the primary monitor displays the bios image!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    If the laptop's screen still doesn't respond, you probably need a new video ribbon cable. These ribbons usually fail by conductor trace breaks in the hinge area due to wear and tear of opening & closing the lid too often. The ribbon cable's part no. is 50.Q28N2.008. Use google to find a vendor near Karachi via google. Price about 3K Rs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The cable that the colleague @JackE refers to is this one!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AhmadAli

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok mine is still under warranty so i will try to send it for a repair 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Ok mine is still under warranty so i will try to send it for a repair  >>>

This is the best way if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ