selecting correct webcam

dixie
dixie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am using logitech webcam on Skype and Zoom. Though the correct cam is selected in settings, it is switching on the remote and the builtin at the same time. I can't disable the builtin. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and doing a factory reset to no avail.  

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    dixie 
    If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.
    Press Windows key + X. Select Control Panel. Click on Devices and Printers. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed. Right click on Logitech webcam.
    Click on Set this device as default.

Follow the below steps if webcam is not listed.
    When you disable a device, the physical device stays connected to your computer, but the device driver is disabled. The drivers are available again when you enable the device. It can be useful to disable devices if you want to have more than one hardware configuration for your computer.
    Please follow the steps to disable internal Webcam in device manager.
    Press Windows + X, click Device Manager. Click Imaging devices. Right click on  webcam. Click Disable.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • dixie
    dixie Member Posts: 3 New User
    This procedure works if I am on Windows.  However, this is chromebook . Devices are listed in google chrome . Appropriate device is listed. It is not working as you would expect
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>Though the correct cam is selected in settings, it is switching on the remote and the builtin at the same time. I can't disable the builtin.>>>

What problem are you experiencing with using Skype and Zoom when the internal camera is also on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rafaelapt1011
    rafaelapt1011 Member Posts: 4 New User
    having the same problem , did you ever get a correction dixie?
    thank you