EB321HQU not recognized by GPU as 10 bit panel

pokeroi
pokeroi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

EB321HQU is a 8bit+FRC according to the user manual, but it should be recognzied as 10bit monitor by GPU, as other 8bit+FRC monitors are.
However in Nvidia Control Panel I CAN'T change it from 8 bit to 10 bit.
I'm using GTX 1060, latest driver, Display Port with provided DP cable. There is no setting on the monitor to activate 10 bit. 

How can I take advantage of the 8bit+FRC that I just purchased. Is it false marketing?

Thanks.

Answers

• Spelunker
    Spelunker Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    pokeroi 

First, you have mentioned that your a display port cable. That's good. HDMI cables will not let you change from  8bit+FRC to 10 bit. 

Since you have not mentioned the exac changes you've made in the Nvidia control panel, I'm posting the following steps.

Go to the Nvidia control panel, and go to "change resolution" panel under the display section. At the bottom Enable CUSTOMIZE. Then under color depth you should be able to select 10-bit (to enable frc). Also under Display > Change Resolution, click the “Output Dynamic Range” box, and select “Full”.

P.S: 
    “RGB Full” represents colors using values from 0 to 255. '0' is the blackest black, and 255 is the whitest white. “RGB Limited” represents colors using values from 16 to 235. 16 is the blackest black and 235 is the whitest white. 
    TV shows and movies use RGB Limited. PCs and PC games use RGB Full. If you have your PC set to output content in RGB Limited format, colors on your PC will look more washed out. Your graphics card will send 16 for the blackest black, but your monitor will show it as grey, expecting 0 for the blackest black. In other words, they’re mismatched.

Would be great if you let me know if it resolves the issue or not. 
    To do that, Click 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Please Click 'Yes' if the comment answers your question! 
    Please click 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Please click 'Yes' if the comment answers your question