Using my own disk drive

Rooney
Rooney Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 19 in 2018 Archives
I am looking to buy an Aspire Desktop and want to use my existing disk drive.  It has Windows 10 on it.  Will I be able to replace the drive that comes with the Aspore and use mine?

Comments

• ailsa99
    ailsa99 Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Your existing hard drive needs to be compatible with the Aspire Desktop's hard drive configuration.If so, it is theoretically possible.How much the capacity of your HDD and Aspire built-in hard drive? make sure there are enough free space for replacement on your existing HDD. first of all, you have to backup both your HDD and Aspire desktop built-in hard disk in case of data loss. then replace Aspire HDD with your HDD. maybe you could achieve that with AOMEI Backupper. here is the tutorial:https://www.backup-utility.com/clone/transfer-os-to-another-hard-drive.html
  • RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Rooney said:
    I am looking to buy an Aspire Desktop and want to use my existing disk drive.  It has Windows 10 on it.  Will I be able to replace the drive that comes with the Aspore and use mine?
    Rooney,

These days computers come with win 10 itself - you dont have to change the hdd on the new pc just for the sake of win 10 you have in the old hdd. Hope you have made a choice of laptop by now. you can simply transfer the files from old hdd to new laptop. for further assistance. reach us.

Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :)