How can I downgrade my BIOS?

frusciante54
frusciante54 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
I've gotten an update from Windows. It said "firmware" update, didn't even mention anything about BIOS, if it did I wouldn't update it. Ever since I did that BIOS update, my computer slowed down really notiacably. Anyway... Now, downgrading is harder that upgrading bios most people say. Some say use a Flash drive as a DOS etc. but is there an easier way?
Also, my BIOS is Insiyde 1.31. Does anyone else have problems with this BIOS or is it just me?

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    frusciante54 
    You can't roll back to previous version of BIOS. Downgrading the BIOS is not something people normally do, but there are times when the older BIOS version works better than the newer/current one and you need to downgrade to it while waiting for a newer, more stable BIOS release.

Please try a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.  

Also, Try to reset BIOS to default settings. Start your computer and as soon as you hit the Power On button, keep pressing the F2 key. You can simply hit the F9 key to display a blue screen that says Load Setup defaults? Clicking on Yes will restore the default BIOS settings.  Press F10 to save and exit.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!