Acer Aspire R3-131T charging issue and win7 issue.

SynGreis
SynGreis Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
First. Just picked this up from someone who still had the box and everything. But it wont turn on or power if its not connected to the power supply.

Second, im trying to slap on windows 7 on but im encountering an error with no DVD/USB.

I put in basic usb drivers and got it to where i have to select a partition. There is no partitions...

Guys, is there a clear cut guide to installing windows 7?

Comments

• gaon97
    gaon97 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    I am guessing it's because your BIOS settings are for UEFI, which didn't exist during Windows 7. If you want to use Windows 7, you can try switching from UEFI to Legacy
  • gaon97
    gaon97 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited July 2018
    Or you could search around for guide videos of creating a Windows 7 bootable USB/DVD with the UEFI slipstreamed
    (sorry for asking but why are you installing Windows 7 on a machine that was designed to run Windows 10?)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VTC4k6SLWY
    To your first question, maybe the battery is dead..
  • SynGreis
    it is switched to legacy already. Im not a noob. It detected my windows 7 usb bootable already and i can get to the screen where it asks what partition you want to slap it on. Therre are no disks to create the partitions though. That is my issue.

And the battery issue. Can someone point out all the sensors/buttons required to help me with making sure they are pressed so the battery can operate normally. the battery was working fine until i removed the back to replace the ram stick.
  • In Windows 7 installation, press shift + f10 and type diskpart, list disk, sel disk x, clean, convert mbr, and then close and continue the installation!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • To reset the battery, press the hole in the back of the notebook for 10 seconds and then let the notebook sleep for five minutes!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SynGreis
    also...my netbook is now stuck on airplane mode in win10. restarting and disabling/enabling didnt work...
  • SynGreis
    i turned laptop off and pressed the button on the back where the circle is held it for 10 seconds and left it for 5 minutes. still doesnt work. I know it works because it worked fine before i popped the back.
  • Does your charger fit these features, 19 V 3-pin AC adapter, 45W? Did you try to verify that the notebook turns on the power with another charger and also checked on another outlet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• On airplane mode, make sure upgrading driver with driverbooster solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SynGreis
    edited July 2018
    it powers on. And the orange light is on. When im on the computer it shows its on but not charging which leads me to believe that maybe not all the buuttons are getting pressed. *update* it...works....it just started working...?

Also the airplane mode still hasnt fixed the issue. this is still windows 10.

*update* nevermind. I disconnected the power supply and ran it on batteries and it only lasted about 10 seconds til it shut off. I checked the icon it was at 100%
  • SynGreis

i followed your guide in the video above and got this. followed every step.
  • There is the possibility of installing windows 7 in uefi mode! To do this, the uefi mode must be enabled and the secureboot must be enabled!
    I'll give you this video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcjnl_9M68c"! However you should have downloaded an iso only x64 from windows 7! The video is in Portuguese, but just watch the video or type in google translator so you can understand!
    In the video description it shows how to configure the pendrive using cmd as administrator! diskpart, list disk, select disk x (in place of "x" you put the number of your pendrive), clean, create partition primary, format fs = fat32 quick, assign and active
    Now I would like to know, why do you want to replace windows 10 with 7? Since there will be difficulties in finding the necessary drivers!
    On the battery, make sure all the screws on the bottom of the notebook are securely fastened, because in some cases, when the screws are loose, the battery is disconnected!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• remembering that if you use uefi mode, the disk must be in gpt! When you are in the windows 7 installation, press shift + f10 and type diskpart, list disk, select disk x, clean, convert gpt!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• yttara
    yttara Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I feel ACER is good.