Why laptop turn off when screen bends?

Chabe459
Chabe459 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello.

I have an Acer laptop Spin 5 which has been working fine since I bought it 1 year ago.

Last week during my last windows update, the laptop reboots every time I bend the screen, at the beginning I thought It was a problem with the battery, like other people have mentioned in different forums, when you lift the laptop it suddenly turns off, but then I discovered the laptop didn't turn off when I lift, it turned off when I moved the screen; when It bends the laptop turns off. This is a surprise, since the screen is supposed to be 360 degrees flexible.

Could it be a problem with the last windows update? Could be a problem with the screen flex? Could it a problem with the screen sensors which could be affected negatively by the last update?

Have you seen this issue before?

Isabel.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What is you Spin5 model number SP5xx-xx??? Also check control panel settings for "restore point". If system protection was enabled, Win10update should've automatically created a restore point if you think the update might've created the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Chabe459
    Chabe459 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you, my Spin5 number is SP513-51-54K0. I checked for the "restore point" and it is "on."
    Another thing that I noticed today is that the "Best Battery life" option that I would always enable (the little green leave that appears on the battery icon) does not work. And yesterday it was working.
    I want to know what I should do, take it to the technician? or is a problem that I could resolve it on my own. Thank you
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>Last week during my last windows update, the laptop reboots every time I bend the screen, at the beginning I thought It was a problem with the battery>>>"Best Battery life" option that I would always enable (the little green leave that appears on the battery icon) does not work. And yesterday it was working. >>>

Since you seemed to notice these issues after last week's Win10update, I suggest that you try to rollback to last week's restore point created by Win10update. But first backup or copy any personal files that you want to save since last week on to a USB stick since they will be lost with a rollback. If the problems persist after the rollback, then yes your initial thoughts on problems related to the battery may indeed be correct. Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ