Acer Predator G9-793 is very slow

xMinatsukix
xMinatsukix Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9778951

This is the bench mark I just ran. It's basically a paperweight right now because I cannot do anything even the sound is distorted on it. I've reset the laptop but the issue persists. It's intermittent like it was working fine earlier but it's not right now. This is incredibly stressful as I am trying to study for my summer Finals... Thank you all that can help

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Heaven's benchmark is a good free bench as well as Valley benchmark from the same website.

Have you checked your system for dust buildup? Youd be surprised the issues that can come from that.
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    xMinatsukix 

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>Also, Try to reset BIOS to default settings. Start your computer and as soon as you hit the Power On button, keep pressing the F2 key. You can simply hit the F9 key to display a blue screen that says Load Setup defaults? Clicking on Yes will restore the default BIOS settings.  Press F10 to save and exit.

If issue persists, please contact Acer support in your region and check for further options to fix this issue.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • xMinatsukix
    Sharanji said:
    xMinatsukix 

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>Also, Try to reset BIOS to default settings. Start your computer and as soon as you hit the Power On button, keep pressing the F2 key. You can simply hit the F9 key to display a blue screen that says Load Setup defaults? Clicking on Yes will restore the default BIOS settings.  Press F10 to save and exit.

If issue persists, please contact Acer support in your region and check for further options to fix this issue.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    I am trying this will report after. K had an issue where the windows store was crashing but could t find a fix. Is there a possibility utility background processes are slowing it down or could it be a hardware issue?
  • Red-Sand
    You can try repairing or resetting the windows store app from the applications menu in windows settings.
    If that doesnt work you can run an elevated command prompt....
    sfc/scannow

Additionally I can see from your userbenchmark you have a 90% background usage so basically your bench is on 10% of your CPU etc.

I would start with a basic windows optimization guide on YouTube etc then move into task manager and determine what program(s) are eating up your system resources.

- Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    See the side of your benchmark for this snapshot.

- Hotel Hero
  • xMinatsukix
     See that's the funny part. Task manager is only reporting a 20% mac CPU usage
  • Red-Sand
    Have you tried a different benchmark or a game?
    - Hotel Hero
  • xMinatsukix
    Have. It tried any other benchmarks. Any you would recommend? 

Haven't tried a game because I have a hard time just booting chrome. Can't imagine a game will work at all. Lol

Btw those benchmarks and all this is based on it being idle or without any active programs running. IE I boot up comp give it a few mins and then runs tests and no results =[
  • Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    Heaven's benchmark is a good free bench as well as Valley benchmark from the same website.

Have you checked your system for dust buildup? Youd be surprised the issues that can come from that.
    - Hotel Hero
  • xMinatsukix
    Yes I have been running air cans to make sure its free of dust. 

How would I disable or remove the background processes?
  • Red-Sand
    Yes I have been running air cans to make sure its free of dust. 

How would I disable or remove the background processes?
    It might be worth opening up the laptop and check where the fans are taped to the heatsink as air cans wont be able to clean that area out and that's where build up is most prevalent.

Check out this video to get an idea.

https://youtu.be/XTPMwQKlfPE
    - Hotel Hero
  • xMinatsukix
    Alright so I did check all this and no change. I got suspicious and thought could it be a rootkit. Been trying to run scams for it to no avail. How can I get a copy of a re image for the laptop?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Install a software by name ASUS (not Acer) Fan Filter Checker. This keeps track of how long your system has been on, and at regular intervals reminds you to clean out fan filters - a tiny nifty tool i can say.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Alright so I did check all this and no change. I got suspicious and thought could it be a rootkit. Been trying to run scams for it to no avail. How can I get a copy of a re image for the laptop?
    You can get a *blank* 16 GB pendrive and use Acer Care Center (software) to create a recovery image of your factory OS which includes Acers custom drivers etc.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Red-Sand said:
    You can get a *blank* 16 GB pendrive and use Acer Care Center (software) to create a recovery image of your factory OS which includes Acers custom drivers etc.
    I did this... but this needs the "recovery partition" to be intact. Once that's gone, this will not work anymore.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045