Acer Aspire U5-710 - Updating BIOS (HELP!)

Options
MrOmarJay
MrOmarJay Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Acer Community!
I'm not an expert and have been having trouble with updating the BIOS of my All-In-One Aspire U5-710..

Currently my AIO is running a BIOS version of 'American Megatrends Inc. R01-A1, 26/10/2015'. I went to the Acer website to download the latest BIOS/Firmware Drivers 'BIOS_Acer_R01.A3', however I saw that 5 folders were extracted from the compressed file.

I then called Acer so that they can advise me how to go about installing/updating my BIOS from these files. I was advised to install the .exe that's within both the DOS and WIN folders, once I did this a 'AMI Firmware Update Utility v5.08.00' came up asking me to 'Press any key to continue', I did this twice and the AMI sceeen closed and did nothing..

I'm not sure what's going on, can someone advise please? I'm currently running Windows 10, 64 bit OS.

If you would like more information, please let me know.. 

Comments

• MrOmarJay
    MrOmarJay Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Supporting Images below.
    Image 01:

Image 02:

Image 03:

Image 04:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Open the WIN folder and right-click on FLASH! Then click "run as administrator"! Wait for the process to complete and then complete, press delete and then click load setup defaults!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)