Predator G5 speaker buzing. +rant about awful support

TheoreticalDzn
TheoreticalDzn Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Basically my left speaker(/s) buzz/crackle when under load; sometimes loud sometimes quiet but its always the left. It doesn't always do this but sometimes it does (i literally always have a wireless headset connected so I never use the actual speakers). I cant seem to find a fix or get this in for repair with Acer. So what the hell am i supposed to do now? Also, I read on a few forums this could be a sub problem and to try the 40hz test; mine passed it and I tried reinstalling drivers.
here's the rant.
I spent about 30 minutes trying to get it sent in online but it kept showing and saying it was registered to Telepan in Texas and it showed their address and not mine. It says to contact support otp if the info is wrong so I do this; it took 3 calls to the 3rd party support to get any useful info and about 3 hours of my time. I kept explaining endlessly that the wrong information was listed on there but they persisted to tell me that it would cost 700 and some odd dollars to get it fixed when they didn't even know what was wrong in the first place other than a sound issue. after being "transferred" the dude sounded the exact same and said the same thing. He knew everything I told the last guy off the top of his head so I'm pretty sure it was the same dude; this time he told me it was 800 plus shipping fees and ignored the fact I said that's not how these things normally go. he proceeded to ask for my debit card information 3 times and I said im good and hung up. I called back and was told I could call telipan for repair at a cheaper price and they could fix the issue with my device being registered on their account and not mine which makes no sense but he gave me their number and hung up; 20 min later he calls back and offers me 10% off a new system with free shipping after I said I'm okay 3 times and I already know what they have listed on Acer he finally took the hint and let me off the phone with him (about2 0 min of phone ignorance). Like I dead ***** just want to talk to someone from the USA or UK who can help me get this into an Acer shop for a quote (that I know will be well under $300) and a repair. I love my Acer products but this service lowkey makes me hate the company right now. Not to mention the face i had to break the lines of this with periods that are centered bc empty lines didn't register.
TL;DR
Speaker buzzing + sketchy and annoying customer service = mad person awake at 1:19 AM

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited July 2018
    TheoreticalDzn 
    This thread has already been escalated to the concerned Acer team. Kindly wait for them to take a look at this thread and respond.
    You can also directly send a private message to Acer-Manny  
    https://community.acer.com/en/messages/add/Acer-Manny 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited July 2018

Hello TheoreticalDzn,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Predator unit. Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Please keep in mind that the Acer Community (Forum Discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users with their questions or troubleshooting inquiries, this community is not a direct portal to Customer service. Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).

Primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not design for direct customer support assistance, case status, complaints, parts request or sponsorship/donations request line.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny