Alpha Switch 12 won't PXE Boot

Options
Steve_Rogers
Steve_Rogers Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I try to PXE boot with both USB-A and USB-C to LAN adapters but my device doesn't see it (says no network device found). I've updated the "USB LAN UEFI driver and PXE ROM version" BIOS update from Acer's site though I'm using Legacy not UEFI. Anyone else experience this? Is there a specific adapter I need? I'm using Anker and Dell adapters.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Steve_Rogers 

Power on your device.
    Press F12 to get to boot options. Go down to other options and choose "change boot mode setting"
    Choose "Legacy Boot Mode: Secure Boot Off"  >Enter, accept
    F12 to get to boot options again. Should say USB-to-Ethernet, just wait, don't do anything.
    Choose "Network" under Legacy Boot
    Screen will start to populate. I start hitting F12 once things start populating but it won't take affect until it says "hit f12" at the bottom of the screen.
    That's it. Then you'll boot to network.

I hope this weblink would be helpful for you  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/547621/How%20to%20PXE%20Boot%20using%20USB%20adapter%20on%20ultrabook?

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Steve_Rogers
    Steve_Rogers Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @Sharanji

Thank you for your reply! When I turn Legacy mode on it turns off Secure Boot automatically. But once I get to the boot options menu, I only see these few things:

-Network boot
    -Hard Drive boot
    -Exit

Network boot is what I've tried when I get the 'No Network Device found'. Is there anything else to look for? I tried the link but it directs me back this page.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Have you tried to enable the USB 3.0 controller interface in the BIOS Main tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ