Unlock Bootloader on Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40?

MegaBladeZX2
MegaBladeZX2 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hello all. I am having some trouble unlocking the bootloader on my Acer tablet. It is an Acer Iconia One 10 B3-A40. All of my important data is already backed up. I have tried the fastboot oem unlock command with my PC, but it fails every time. OEM unlocking is enabled in Developer Options on my tablet. My system version is WW_GEN1 SKU. I am looking for other ways that could possibly unlock the device's bootloader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• etbusch
    etbusch Member Posts: 3 New User
    Likewise, I have the same device that either hangs or fails on fastboot oem unlock. I'm running the latest firmware.
  • Akav05
    Akav05 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Guys, I am having a similar problem. Does anything come up on your tablet screen when I’m fast boot mode, mine stays blank and does not process the "fast boot pen unlock" command. 
  • etbusch
    Yeah, it appears that fastboot mode on these tablets has no display. It will list as a device and take commands, though "oem unlock" hangs and "oem off-mode-charge 0" gives a permissions error as the bootloader is still locked.

My guess is that the bootloader unlock functionality is broken on this firmware. Acer support has been completely useless in addressing this problem. That's what we get for buying cheap hardware. Never again Acer.
  • Akav05
    I wasn’t sure if it was jus mine that was acting up or not. When I run the command for oem unlock the 3 dots jus appear on command prompt and it will stay that way until I hit the + volume button, then it will say OKAY and the length of time it took in seconds. That time will change depending on how quick or long I take to press the + button. Is this what happens when u do it?
  • etbusch
    Yep, that or it hangs indefinitely.
  • Akav05
    Looks like we are in the same boat so, it’s very frustrating considering no matter what forum ye go to the all say the same to regarding running a simple command to unlock the bootloader and for the life of me I jus can’t get it to work. Everything seems in place for this to be done I jus don’t know why it’s not working.
  • gabe_luci
    gabe_luci Member Posts: 2 New User
    There was a new OS update this week. Might be worth it to update and try this again. Maybe this changed.

I tried myself, but Windows doesn't recognize the device while in the bootloader and I'm not sure which driver should be used.
  • gabe_luci
    gabe_luci Member Posts: 2 New User
    I figured out the driver. But yeah, it does the same thing still, looks like.