Turning off notifications

Sweet_Pea
Sweet_Pea Member Posts: 6 New User
When streaming videos, my laptop thinks it's idle and Norton notifications keep popping up. 
I installed Mozilla as a browser and made it the default.  Now every time I open the browser window there's a notification asking me if I want to make it my default.
Any way to stop these notifications?
Thanks.

Comments

• RaoR
    RaoR Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Sweet_Pea said:
    When streaming videos, my laptop thinks it's idle and Norton notifications keep popping up. 
    I installed Mozilla as a browser and made it the default.  Now every time I open the browser window there's a notification asking me if I want to make it my default.
    Any way to stop these notifications?
    Thanks.
    Sweet_Pea,

Norton AntiVirus uses pop-up notifications to inform you when performing full system scans or live updates in the background. Special offer notifications, performance alerts and intrusion prevention alerts are among some of the other pop-up notifications that you have to deal with when using Norton AntiVirus. While useful, Norton pop-up notifications can also be an annoying form of distraction since you have to wait several seconds for them to disappear. Fortunately, Norton AntiVirus features built-in options that allow you to disable these annoying pop-up notifications at any time.

a) Open the Search charm, type "Norton AntiVirus" (without quotes) and press "Enter" to open NortonAntiVirus.
    b) Click the "Settings" tab, and then click the "General" tab.
    c) Click the "Norton Tasks" side tab. Next, click the green-colored bar next to "Norton Task Notification" to turn it off.
    d) Click the "Other Settings" side tab. Next, click the green-colored bar next to "Special Offer Notification" to turn it off.
    e) Click the "Performance Monitoring" side tab. Next, click twice on the green-colored bar next to "Performance Alerting" to turn it off.
    f) Click the "Network" tab. Next, click the "Intrusion Prevention" side tab and then click "Notifications" to turn it off.
    g) Click "Apply" to disable Norton AntiVirus pop-ups.
    i)Click the "Close" button to exit Norton AntiVirus

For Mozilla browser notifications, 

When you get the notification, you will get options like "make it my default".. if you have noticed below the button you will find a check box to stop showing the pop up. if you check the box and close it.. it will not pop up again.

If I helped, please click "Like"
    If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!

Regards,
    RR
    Hi! I'm not Cortana! But I'm here to help! Click "Like" if you find the answer helpful!
    Click "Yes" when the comment answers your question!

Regards,
    RR :) 
  • mchristinafreeman
    mchristinafreeman Member Posts: 2 New User
    I manage to uninstall Norton Antivirus as I use another one. But now it pops up a reminder to download a new version of it. It's so annoying, I can't find how to stop it as it is hidden somewhere...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Please show screenshot of download message. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ