Brightness not changing,Acer swift 3 ryzen

schwifty
schwifty Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently bought the Acer swift 3 ryzen 5(model sf315-41),it came with a faulty hdd so I had the service center install a new one.Now all is fine except I have to install all the drivers, so far I've gotten the touchpad, fingerprint sensor, sound to work but I am stuck on the display drivers not sure which drivers vega8 mobile uses.I tried installing the ones on the acer driver support website but that made things even worse, the display just blacked out, after the acer logo there is no display.I managed to restore the laptop to the backup which uninstalled the drivers, but now I am back to square one still stuck on the display drivers.I am not even able to adjust the screen brightness,the brightness slider works but there's no visible change.In the control panel I could adjust the brightness slider but the apply button is greyed out.Please help.

Comments

• schwifty
    schwifty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Also where do I install the latest vega 8 drivers, I can't find them on the amd website.In the device manager under display adapters I have microsoft basic display wherein I should be seeing vega8 graphics or something.
  • seerra
    seerra Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    You might have an outdated driver. I have bought the same model with Amd Ryzen5 2500U. Or you may have downlaoded drivers of intel gpu.
    Download from the link below 
    https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_AMD_17.40.3301.1001_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636571196118539542&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=SWIFT&Step3=SF315-41&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6
  • Levi21xD
    Levi21xD Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018
    schwifty said:
    Also where do I install the latest vega 8 drivers, I can't find them on the amd website.In the device manager under display adapters I have microsoft basic display wherein I should be seeing vega8 graphics or something.
    well its too late for me to reply to this thread but ... i just bought the laptop like 5 days ago and ive been experimenting with amd gpu drivers from amd website.. the adrenaline driver. and one of it broke the brightness control.. but i went back to the official acer issued driver and it was fixed.. 
    if you havent fixed it yet... downlad the amd issued driver and go to bin64 and run the amd cleanup utility to clear out all display drivers and then reboot, come back to the driver setup and express install, reboot done!