BIOS V 1.31 makes computer extremely slow!

Average_Joe
Average_Joe Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an  Aspire E5-553 Part Number: NX.GETAA.001 and recently upgraded the BIOS to version 1.31 and it made it RIDICULOUSLY slow and unresponsive!

I tried downgrading it to the previous version, but it refuses. How can I force a downgrade of the BIOS or does anyone know of Acer coming up with a fix for this?

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
  • Average_Joe
    Average_Joe Member Posts: 4 New User
    @JackE Thank you!
    I actually found that same solution in another site a few minutes before you answered and I was able to downgrade back to my Version 1.19 LOL.

Do you know if this new BIOS was made to address the MELTDOWN and SPECTRE issue? If so, they really need to fix it because it slowed my laptop to a crawl.

• JackE
    If not specifically stated, then it's probably safe to assume these overly-hyped issues aren't addressed. It's also probably safe to assume that unless your system is experiencing the problem that the update is stated to fix, then it shouldn't be applied. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• Slax
    Slax Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited August 2018
    I have E5 553G -T7Q5 notebook. And when i changed to version 1.19 to 1.31 (Where is the 1.2x ?)  anyway the cpu and harddisk going slowing. If it is not a mistake i think something should be bad after the 2 years like down cpu bus speed for battery. I want to tell this point for Acer Policies. Please be carefully when u create new bios update.
  • JackE
    @Slax What problem were you having with v1.19 that you thought v1.31 update would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Slax
    Slax Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    @Slax What problem were you having with v1.19 that you thought v1.31 update would fix? Jack E/NJ
    i m sorry for my english. i try to tell that bios version 1.19 has more stability than v1.31 bios update. so we think update will be get better for pc but it is not. after v1.31 update i backed to 1.19 again. i think v1.31 has proglems for E5 553G laptops. Thank you :)
  • JackE
    >>>backed to 1.19>>>

@Slax Thank you. That was the best solution. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TJF
    TJF Member Posts: 4 New User
    Acer E5-553G-1986 is down to a crawl primarily on internet all browsers. Downgraded to bios 1.19 but windows updates it to 1.31 on restart. Is there any way to prevent this.
  • JackE
    TJF Press the WINkey+Rkey. Enter 'services.msc'. Scroll down the list to right click on and set Winupdate services from automatic to manual. Then click on settings in the Windows start menu. Click network & internet. Click advanced wifi options. Turn on metered connection. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DanRItchie
    DanRItchie Member Posts: 8 New User
    Seems to be a lot of bios trouble lately.  I always get throttled at .38 ghz on battery power.
  • JackE
    DanRItchie>>>Seems to be a lot of bios trouble lately.>>>

Alternatively, seems to be a lot of Win10update trouble since 2015.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ