Acer Aspire Switch 12 SW5-271: Purple blinking/shut off when move or press the screen

BingLi224
BingLi224 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop "Acer Aspire Switch 12 SW5-271" has a problem; usually when i turn on, there will be blue light at the button and boot up, but now if i move the laptop or press the screen (especially the top part like snapping as i notice) it will shut off immediately. And when i press the power button again, it'll show purple blinking light instead of blue and cannot boot up.

Seemingly the problem is the hardware. I can only disassembly, loosing the screen that it can boot up normally.

If it's the problem with the battery, how can i check its health?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    BingLi224 

>>Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>> to check battery health. Right-click on the Start menu and select PowerShell, but make sure you choose the one with administrative privileges.
    or you can also press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    When Command Prompt opens, enter powercfg /batteryreport command and run it.
    After running this command Windows 10 will create a report in your user account’s directory, such as C:\Users\Your_username. The report is stored in an HTML file that allows you to easily see the basic information about your system.

>>If the laptop still shuts down when you move the laptop, this could be an assembly issue. You need to send in the laptop to get this fixed.
    Acer Thailand : https://www.acer.com/ac/th/TH/content/service3
    Acer worlwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • BingLi224
    BingLi224 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sharanji said:
    BingLi224 

>>Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>> to check battery health. Right-click on the Start menu and select PowerShell, but make sure you choose the one with administrative privileges.
    or you can also press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    When Command Prompt opens, enter powercfg /batteryreport command and run it.
    After running this command Windows 10 will create a report in your user account’s directory, such as C:\Users\Your_username. The report is stored in an HTML file that allows you to easily see the basic information about your system.

>>If the laptop still shuts down when you move the laptop, this could be an assembly issue. You need to send in the laptop to get this fixed.
    Acer Thailand : https://www.acer.com/ac/th/TH/content/service3 
    Acer worlwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ 

thank you for your suggestions. i noticed "CAPACITY REMAINING" > 100%. what do they mean?
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    BingLi224 
    Design Capacity is the Full Charge Capacity, which represents the amount of charge that the battery will actually hold. In the above case, the full charge capacity is actually more than the design capacity since the battery is not old. There would be a drop when the battery starts to wear. The drop in capacity is directly related to the age of the battery.
    The value is represented as mWh, which stands for milliwatt hours. (Laptop batteries have a voltage rating (V) and milli-Amp hours (mAH) rating, and they're multiplied together to come up with the milliwatt hours capacity.)