Acer Predator- backlight bleed?

MadCauseBad
MadCauseBad Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I bought a new monitor about a week ago, and I noticed what I believe is some backlight bleed. I’m not sure if I should return all if I should just keep it. It’s no big deal, it’s just a bit annoying. Don’t know if it’s pretty normal? 

https://ibb.co/kURM2T

Best Answer

• VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    It's hard to accurately photograph backlight bleed, especially with a phone camera set to full auto and trying to boost any light it can see.

That said, on the photo it looks pretty bad, but does it look exactly the same in reality? Also, what's your brightness setting? If you're using the screen mostly in a dark room, you could try to lower the brightness (mine is set to 10 with contrast set to 20) which will also help with the BLB.

The bottom line is this - all of those high-speed IPS panels have such issues to some extent. If it's not backlight bleed, then it's white uniformity (is the picture truly white when you look at a white or gray screen or is it warmer or colder as in - yellow or bluish on one side or in a corner?). The question is - does it actually bother you? If it does, then of course you could return it, that's why return policies for online purchases are there - if you're not satisfied with the product, send it back. If it's not a big deal for you or doesn't look as bad in reality as on the photo and everything else (white uniformity) is fine, then keep it.

Answers

• VarHyid
    VarHyid Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    It's hard to accurately photograph backlight bleed, especially with a phone camera set to full auto and trying to boost any light it can see.

That said, on the photo it looks pretty bad, but does it look exactly the same in reality? Also, what's your brightness setting? If you're using the screen mostly in a dark room, you could try to lower the brightness (mine is set to 10 with contrast set to 20) which will also help with the BLB.

The bottom line is this - all of those high-speed IPS panels have such issues to some extent. If it's not backlight bleed, then it's white uniformity (is the picture truly white when you look at a white or gray screen or is it warmer or colder as in - yellow or bluish on one side or in a corner?). The question is - does it actually bother you? If it does, then of course you could return it, that's why return policies for online purchases are there - if you're not satisfied with the product, send it back. If it's not a big deal for you or doesn't look as bad in reality as on the photo and everything else (white uniformity) is fine, then keep it.