Aspire E 5 AMD A12 APU Virtualization disabled

Average_Joe
Average_Joe Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi!
I have an Aspire E5-553-13AB  with an AMD A12 9700P APU with Windows 10 Home that does not have virtualization enabled. Is there a custom BIOS to enable it since there are no options in it?
I know for a fact this CPU supports virtualization.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Average_Joe 
    Virtualization (Hyper V or Intel VT) - Acer generally has virtualization enabled. The requirements for virtualization include a Windows 10 Pro or EnterpriseOS which means it will not work on most OEM Operating Systems. You can use the links below for additional information on virtualization.
    How to determine if my system supports virtualization and install Hyper-V

Use the steps below to confirm if Virtualization Technology is available on your system:
    Press Ctrl + Alt + Del.
    Select Task Manager.
    Click the Performance tab.
    Click CPU.
    The status will be listed under the graph and will say "Virtualization: Enabled" if this feature is enabled.

If you have AMD chipset, download the utility  AMD Virtualization™ Technology and Microsoft® Hyper-V™ System Compatibility Check Utility . Its a .zip file. Extract it and run the amdvhyperv.exe file. This will ask you to allow it to extract files. Say yes and after the extraction is complete, run amdvhyperv.exe again from the extracted folder. If you see a sucess page, it mean that your AMD CPU supports Virtualization.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Average_Joe
    Average_Joe Member Posts: 4 New User
    @Sharanji, Thanks for your prompt reply! I followed the directions you gave me and the AMD Utility told me it needs a BIOS patch in order to run Hyper V.  I can upgrade my OS to Windows 10 Pro, but without the BIOS patch it would be useless as far as I know. :anguished: