Need help choosing a laptop

Sweet_Pea
Sweet_Pea Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I've been researching laptops and am considering an Acer.  I will be using it mostly to stream live video, such as baseball games, and will be hooking it up to a new Smart TV.  The speed I need is at least 6,000 kbps.  I know this is possible using my internet service as someone else has hooked up his laptop to my tv.  I don't need it for much else - just some word processing.  I have a desktop computer, so memory/storage isn't an issue.  Any help choosing a laptop would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Sweet_Pea 

Choosing the right laptop can be a complicated process, given the notable differences in terms of both design and hardware unique to each model. When you buy a laptop, keep in mind exactly what you will be using your laptop for. There are so many options out there that trying to find the right one can get confusing fast. With a little planning and consideration of your needs, you can quickly eliminate the vast majority of laptops from your search and focus on finding the one that suits your habits and budget perfectly.
    Please visit Acer store website : https://store.acer.com/en-us/laptops
    There  are Gaming Laptops, Ultra-thin, Convertible, Detachable, Classic laptop
    You have the option to choose the category, Processor type, Graphics, Screen Size. Price range that suit you as per your requirement.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ReL0ad3r
    ReL0ad3r Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

My pick for your needs...

This can do all your ballgames in lag-free streaming! 

Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM

If you are on a lookout for a Windows laptop below $350 then you would usually be wary of the mediocre performance and lackluster screen which is awaiting you in your shopping cart. 

However Acer has added a new dimension to budget segment laptops with its Aspire E range which doesn’t fail to pack in a punch without letting your wallet bleed. Crafted using sturdy dark gray plastic, the E 15 does not show any signs of buckle or creak during usage and streaming video. 

The E 15 offers a highly comfortable typing experience devoid of any shallowness or flex. Its dedicated numeric keypad is perfect for those who tend to use spreadsheets and calculator much more frequently. 

The button less touchpad measuring 4.2×3 inch offers accurate navigation and helps with Windows 10 options such as pinch-to-zoom and three-finger swiping. 

Once you switch on the E5-575-33BM, you are bound to get enthralled seeing its magnificent 1920×1080 display which brings a new level to color accuracy powered up by Acer ColorBlast technology. 

The 15.6 inch FHD screen offers optimal viewing experience with a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9. Featuring a paper cone design, the TrueHarmony speakers of Acer delivers fuller-bodied audio which can easily fill up a medium sized room with its delightful sound waves.

• Intel Core i3-7100U Processor
    • 4 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 1 TB HDD
    • Intel HD Graphics 620
    Hope This helps  B)
  • Sweet_Pea
    Sweet_Pea Member Posts: 6 New User
    Thank you!