M.2 SSD support for Acer Aspire 3 A315-41-R9D3

Malingo
Malingo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I just bought acer aspire 3 a315-41-R9D3 with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U and supported 8GB dual-chanel memory.
Next I tried to add M.2 SSD  & all I know on my notebook is available M.2 socket with M-key, but still doubt if my laptop supports M.2 SATA or M.2 PCIe NVMe?
Now with limited insight, I tried pinning the 128GB Adata SX6000 PCIe Gen3x2 into its m2 socket, but I encountered no obstacle to detect it in my system or bios.
Then, back to my question above, perhaps there are experienced and able to provide enlightenment, please..

Comments

• Brosinho
    Brosinho Member Posts: 3 New User
    Malingo said:
    but I encountered no obstacle to detect it in my system or bios.

I´m trying to make sense of this. Was the 128GB Adata SX6000 PCIe Gen3x2 detected in windows and bios oder not?

I tried the same thing on Bios v1.03 with my Samsung 128GB 960evo (NVME PCIe), but it was not recognized by windows nor by bios.
    My WD green 120GB SATA M.2 was recognized with no problems.

As Bios v1.08 was recently released, I´m going to retry over the weekend. There (now) is an option to enable or disable HDD0/1 Sata. Maybe you have to disable SATA support for the M.2 to be able to use PCIe.

• Malingo
    Does this mean my laptop is not support m.2 pcie?..
    I've updated bios on v 1.08, and after that still the same.

• Brosinho
    Brosinho Member Posts: 3 New User
    At least not plug&play.
    Have you tried disabling the m.2 sata port in bios?
    Advanced>SATA Configuration>SATA Port 1    [Disabled]

Port1 should be M.2. But better double check the Informations tab.
  • Malingo
    thanks for that suggestion, I've tried it & it has not been resolved too.
    on bios insydeh20 v1.08 this is really minimal configuration for this problem. while this I assume my laptop really does not support m.2 PCIe protocol. though it is still a curiosity for me. in the near future I will try on M.2 sata. I know M.2 PCIe is more faster

• Jidrala
    Jidrala Member Posts: 1 New User
    You answered my question for the pci-e! Too bad.
    I've tried it with a M.2 sata ssd it works like a charm!
  • Jonathangonzález
    Jonathangonzález Member Posts: 2 New User
    Funciona o no el ssd pci-e o no ? Ya que tengo el mismo pc A315-41-R8J9-1 con un ssd m.2 sata y quiero cambiarlo a pci-e 
  • Super_Noah
    Super_Noah Member Posts: 2 New User
    Does aspire 3 A315-41 support wd green m.2 ssd 240gb?