Acer swift 3 ryzen 2500u Replace thermal paste

Kosianos
Kosianos Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone guys. 

I got this laptop a week a go and i am wondering if its worth to change the stock thermal paste with arctic silver 5 cause my temperatures are always over 82 degrees.
Does anyone know if ill see any improvments? 
thanks a lot i love your answers everytime  <3

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Kosianos 

Is it running really hot? That might be because it’s just running all the updates to the OS and drivers. It will run cooler after a few days. Replacing the thermal paste will void the warranty. I would recommend talking to the Acer support in your region about it if it doesn't cool down after a few days, giving the updates time to run. They can probably replace the laptop.

From what I am reading, that is within the tolerance of your laptops CPU chip. 80C is safe in most situations, 105C is to threshold before either your cpu throttles down or computer auto shuts off. Personally though, that seems really hot.  Do you have a cooler cooler attached to your laptop to help keep down the heat? Is the bottom of your computer elevated to help the exhaust heat move away from the laptop? 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Kosianos
    hey i got all the updates already from the first day i got this .... even when its idle the laptop goes sometimes 80 82 c but when i really push hard the max that i saw its 84c under super heavy loading . My question its that if i will get bbetter temps with arctic silver 5 , since i dont care if i void warranty :P
  • Kosianos
    i got to stands on the back to raise the laptop higher for better air flow cause with the cooler stand i got same temps with no cooler . sorry for bad english
  • Levi21xD
    Levi21xD Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Kosianos said:
    i got to stands on the back to raise the laptop higher for better air flow cause with the cooler stand i got same temps with no cooler . sorry for bad english
    Kosianos said:
    Do you have the v1.02 bios with you? I wanna unlimit my temperature throttle lol

I've already done that but there seems to be something else I'm missing. If you got the setup for v1.02 bios that would be great!