Automatic date & time off, yet Acer B3-A40 still changes my time zone

Options
NickinID
NickinID Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My Acer B3-A40 tablet keeps changing my time zone from Pacific to Mountain, even though I have the setting off for it to determine my time and date automatically. I can see that this is an issue for other people as well for this Acer tablet model, yet I do not see a fix anywhere. My Android version is 7.0 (Nougat?), and no where can I find a cause or solution to this glitch, so now I am wondering if it might be the Acer B3-A40 operating system. I have done a hard reset twice to no avail. This has been happening for almost a year now. I got the tablet last Christmas, and it was doing this when it was set to automatic time & date so I turned it off, but it does it anyway. I've spent a ton of time trying to find a fix, so any help is appreciated.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    NickinID 

The phone change to Daylight Saving Time automatically. Some regions "spring forward" and "fall back," and depending on where they live that happens on a different day. Android will check the network for the correct date and time and switch itself on it's own.
    Do you live near a time zone boundary?
    Otherwise, you're dealing with a tower somewhere that has the wrong time, and your phone is changing it's time to match that one.

>>First check the time zone, ic could have changes automatically for some reasons.
    Uncheck the auto select timezones box, change it to the avaliable time zone in the list, then re-check the auto select box.
    >>This could also happenif you have probably selected in Settings | Date and Time | Use Network Time.
    >>Otherwise, you're dealing with a tower somewhere that has the wrong time, and your phone is changing it's time to match that one.
    >>On your phone, go to Settings > Date and time. If Automatic date and time is turned off, please enable it to ensure your device is using network time. If this setting is already on, please turn your phone off then back on. Let us know if the time reverts to being incorrect.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • NickinID
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi, Sharanji, thank you for your response. The time changes all by itself every time I set the correct time zone. So we're talking within minutes, not just when daylight savings or other time changes occur. I live approximately 30 miles from a time zone change, but if I have turned automatic off, shouldn't it just keep the settings I've input in? Why would my tablet change it's time to match a cell tower when I have automatic turned off? Isn't that what turning off automatic is for, so it doesn't automatically choose your time for you? I have set and reset the time zone to Pacific countless times over the past 7 months and it always changes to Mountain, often within a couple minutes. There is no option to use network time, only to turn automatic off or on. I appreciate your response, however every solution you have suggested I have already done.

To be clear, here are the only settings in my phone for time, and what they are currently set as:

Settings > Date & Time 

Automatic date & time
    Off
    ------------------------
    Set date
    July 4, 2018
    ------------------------
    Select time zone
    GMT-06:00 Mountain Daylight Time
    ------------------------
    Use 24-hour format (toggled off)
    1:00 PM
  • NickinID
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get support for this issue?
  • ShellyE
    ShellyE Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Did you find a solution?  My Acer Iconia tablet does the same thing.  JveIset the time, turned off automatic and even tried using GPS setting.  It always reverts back to EST.
  • sgb
    sgb Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I also have time same problem. The tablet has become useless, it changes time zone which then changes start times for calendar events.
    Does anyone know how to fix the problem?
  • NickinID
    Options
    I am sorry guys, I had given up hope and just grit my teeth every time I noticed it, but somehow it fixed. This issue remained a problem for several months after I made the post, and I didn't notice when it stopped happening, so I am not sure. I always use my tablet through a router off my cable internet, never through a phone tower, so @Sharanji's suggestion wouldn't apply to me. Maybe it fixed from an Acer update?

Here are my settings below; my best suggestion is to use these settings and then reset your tablet and see if it "takes". I haven't had this problem for several months, now, what a relief! I hope this brings you help, maybe if it doesn't work, do it three times in a row. I've done things like that before regarding software and had stuff fix. Good luck!

Settings > Date & Time 

Automatic date & time
    Off
    ------------------------
    Set date
    (your date)
    ------------------------
    Select time zone
    (your time zone)
    ------------------------
    Use 24-hour format (toggled off)
    1:00 PM