joan

adgift
adgift Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
How do I reduce a photo from gimp file to a smaller size?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    adgift 
    When you create a new file in GIMP and save it, GIMP uses its native (.xcf) file format.  You need to use File → Export to make a copy of the image in a different file format. Type in the desired file name followed by .jpg (for photos) or .png (for drawings).

Many photo editors  have a "resize" option that reduces file size by reducing photo dimensions or pixel resolution. Gimp also offer an option of resizing the file you’re editing.

You can use Microsoft Office Picture Manager or Microsoft  paint to resize images.
    Try to resize the photo. Do it until your photo size becomes 25 kb or less. By this way your resolution will be slightly downgraded but there is no problem for this kind of use. Save this file and store so that you can use it for next time when you need. Please try and let me know it was helpful or not.

If you need to process more than one picture, let’s say you have a folder with pictures and you need to resize all of them, Batch Picture Resizer can help, for example.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • fineatfiftey
    fineatfiftey Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do i,as a GUEST on my sisters Acer save pics in my library until i sign out