Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home) SF315-

Options
ayush_92
ayush_92 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
Im currently using  Acer Swift 3 Ryzen 5 Quad Core - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home) SF315- Laptop and facing below issues after upgrading to Windows 10 April update.

Issue 1: Unable to play DRM protected vidoes from Netflix/Amazon prime videos from any browser. It's showing that

"Your web browser is missing a digital rights component.

In your web browser's address bar, type about:addons, press Enter, and then on the left, click Plugins. For the Widevine Content Decryption Module, select Always Activate, and then refresh the video's page and try watching the video.

If the video doesn't play, go back to Plugins, click the gear icon at the top of the page, and then click Check for Updates. When the plugins have updated, refresh the video's page, and then try watching the video."

Although "Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc." is already installed, however it seems like its not working due to some issues.

Issue 2: When I'm trying to play any game, Its running with Inverted colors and Lagging too much.

Issue 3: Windows Activation status is "Unable to reach Windows activation servers"

Just about 2-3 days ago I have updated this laptop using Windows 10 Update Assistant from Build 1709 to 1803 and after that the above issues are happening.

Please help. I don't wanna visit Service centre soon.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does Device Manager have any red or yellow driver warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Frustrated3
    Frustrated3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I recently bought an Acer Swift 3 ryzen cpu with windows 10 version.the problem is that whenever I shut down I have to upgrade and shut it down which is quite often and after updating the system the system says "cannot complete the upgrade undoing changes please do not shut down computer" dialogue.i even tried upgrading to windows 10(1803) version but the system says windows not genuine activate windows so I had to downgrade to 1709 version again.is there any technique or method to stop this annoying thing?pls help .thanks.
  • JackE
    Options
    @Frustrated3 From who and when to you purchase this system? What is the full model number sW3xx-xx? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pushp
    pushp Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I recently bought an Acer Swift 3 ryzen cpu with windows 10 version.the problem is that whenever I shut down I have to upgrade and shut it down which is quite often and after updating the system the system says "cannot complete the upgrade undoing changes please do not shut down computer" dialogue.i even tried upgrading to windows 10(1803) version but the system says windows not genuine activate windows so I had to downgrade to 1709 version again.is there any technique or method to stop this annoying thing?pls help .thanks.
    I purchased same laptop last week and tried doing upgrade like u, and find myself in same situation.
    3-4  times tried for ugrading to 1803 from 1709 but it deactivates license and Activation page shows blank.
    I purchased from Flipkart, model: SF315-41
  • JackE
    Options
    @pushp Since this is so new, I suggest trying an ALT+F10 system cold boot re-set outside of Windows. Follow instructions in video below. If the Win10update still won't load properly, return the machine to the vendor for a refund. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• pushp
    pushp Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    @pushp Since this is so new, I suggest trying an ALT+F10 system cold boot re-set outside of Windows. Follow instructions in video below. If the Win10update still won't load properly, return the machine to the vendor for a refund. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

I rolled back to 1709 but for still give a try to install slow ring tester i upgraded to 1809 and it's got deactivated after reboot and created "Administrator" user which can not be deleted and tried rollback but is of no use as it tells everytime to delete "Administrator" which was not possible.
    so last solution was to just reset Windows, and i did without deleting the files etc. when restarted after reset it was deactivated Windows 10 Home (no single Language) with user as my Microsoft outlook (i used to login when initially setup).
    I connected it with mobile wifi hotspot and immediately it got activated with digital License. but when tried to get the key it shows nothing (using "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey").

I am happy that i got activated Windows 10 Home 1809 with digital license using reset, else i had lost all hope for this laptop and regretting my purchase of Acer with AMD.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I connected it with mobile wifi hotspot and immediately it got activated with digital License. but when tried to get the key it shows nothing (using "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey").>>>

After re-booting, try "wmic os get serialnumber" at the cmd prompt without the quotes to see if it's there now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ