Bluetooth Switch Alpha 12

Gonzo6677
Gonzo6677 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
This is the second time i have had this problem. Bluetooth completely disappears.  Turns itself off and goes away. Last time this happened seemed to be fixed by uninstalling Acer Quick Access and reinstalling the driver, but doesn't work this time. 
Both times  however, had something to do with this missing USB driver. 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Gonzo6677 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    Please use the Bluetooth troubleshooter to try to fix Bluetooth problems. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Restart Bluetooth Support Service.
    Press the Windows key + R, then type "services.msc". Once the Services window opens, locate Restart Bluetooth Support Service > right-click > Restart. After so, right-click on it again, choose Properties, then ensure startup type is on Automatic.
    Once done, please restart your device.

Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select Device manager. Once you are in the Device Manager window, go to ‘View’ and choose ‘Show Hidden Devices’. You may now see the Bluetooth radio right inside the device manager. Now choose the Bluetooth icon and right click on it then choose ‘Scan for Hardware Changes’.

If still not detected, open device manager expand USB controllers. Right click and click on all the USB root hub and host controllers
    Restart if prompted or click on scan for hardware changes. Also, try to download and install the Bluetooth driver.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Gonzo6677 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    Please use the Bluetooth troubleshooter to try to fix Bluetooth problems. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Restart Bluetooth Support Service.
    Press the Windows key + R, then type "services.msc". Once the Services window opens, locate Restart Bluetooth Support Service > right-click > Restart. After so, right-click on it again, choose Properties, then ensure startup type is on Automatic.
    Once done, please restart your device.

Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select Device manager. Once you are in the Device Manager window, go to ‘View’ and choose ‘Show Hidden Devices’. You may now see the Bluetooth radio right inside the device manager. Now choose the Bluetooth icon and right click on it then choose ‘Scan for Hardware Changes’.

If still not detected, open device manager expand USB controllers. Right click and click on all the USB root hub and host controllers
    Restart if prompted or click on scan for hardware changes. Also, try to download and install the Bluetooth driver.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • travelingtim
    travelingtim Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2018
    My Bluetooth turned off and disappeared today during use. I have tried all of these steps and my Bluetooth is still not available. I have re-installed the Atheros Bluetooth driver package (from Acer.com) as well to no avail. Any other hints to get my Bluetooth back?
  • DominicR
    DominicR Member Posts: 1 New User
    Followed the same steps also with no success... Please help.
  • Kanueh
    Kanueh Member Posts: 1 New User
    has anyone found an answer to this? Mine has now done it for a second time. I have tried all the steps above but has not worked.
  • PortCityServices
    PortCityServices Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi, I'm having the same problem.  The steps listed are interesting but do not solve the issue.  Troubleshooter tells me:

Device does not have Bluetooth
    Bluetooth is not available on this device.  Please try using an external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer.

But I definitely had Bluetooth a few hours ago and have had it since buying the computer almost a year ago.

Advice is appreciated.  Thanks.
  • 4tune500
    4tune500 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Download and install the Atheros driver on the download page. Worked for me!!!