New Z321QU has no video out of the box on either HDMI or DP

EvilTelephone
EvilTelephone Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I just picked up a Z321QU and I can't get any video from it. It won't even show the OSD. I can see that the backlight is coming on, but that's it. Is it DOA or is there something I can try to give it life?

I've tried both the HDMI and DP connections on different PCs with different cables. No change.

Thanks!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    EvilTelephone 

Sorry to hear your experience with the new monitor. Please check the LED status
    Blue : Using the OSD menu, adjust brightness and contrast to maximum or reset to their default setting.
    Off : Check the power switch. Check if the AC power cord is properly connected to the monitor
    Amber : Check if the video signal cable is properly connected at the back of monitor. Check if the computer system is switched on
    and in power saving/standby mode.

Also, remove your power cord and hold the Power On button for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then connect the power cord back and turn it on to see if the problem persists. 

You can also contact Acer support in your region and get warranty assistance.
    Acer Worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
    Acer US : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • EvilTelephone
    The LED is blue, but the OSD doesn't come up no matter what button I push, so I cannot adjust the brightness.

I'll try the suggestion with the power button and report back.
  • EvilTelephone
    The power button suggestion unfortunately did not help. Still no video or OSD. LED remains blue.
  • xwarbandit
    xwarbandit Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just picked up a Z321QU and I can't get any video from it. It won't even show the OSD. I can see that the backlight is coming on, but that's it. Is it DOA or is there something I can try to give it life?

I've tried both the HDMI and DP connections on different PCs with different cables. No change.

Thanks!
    just got the monitor out of the box and Im having this same issue, anyway to fix this?
  • ELiTe
    ELiTe Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem here. The monitor remains with the blue led on, even without video cables. But I can not access the OSD menu or get video from it. I already tried to restart it, I disconnected it and I left the power button pressed for more than 1 minute without results. Is stuck with the blue led always on but no OSD or video