The headphone jack is not recognizing my headphones.

jess123
jess123 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just got an acer swift 1 and I can get my Bluetooth headphones to connect, but I cannot get my headphones that plug into the computer to work.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    What SF1-xxx model number? What Bluetooth headphone model? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jess123
    model# SF114-32-P2PK and I don't know the Bluetooth headphone model.
  • JackE
    Sorry. I meant the wired headphones. Your jack is designed for a headset with mic plug. So the headphone plug must have the same earphone pins as a headset. Your headphone is likely a stereo audio and thus doesn't have the same configuration as a headse. The image below shows the various pin configurations. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jess123
    Okay thank you I will try that once I can find some with type of plug.
  • JackE
    Here are pix of what should work. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jess123

Would this type of earphone work? 
  • JackE
    It might. But you're probably safest going with a recommended trs headphone if you don't want a headset. If it was mine, I'd take my machine to Staples, Walmart or BestBuy and try. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rberry321
    rberry321 Member Posts: 1 New User
      Found solution on another site and copied it here.  Works fine now :) 

The headphone jack port has a seal to prevent dust and debris from entering the back of the headphone jack. when you put your headphone connector into the jack, it feels like its well seated, but its only seating into the fancy dust seal. You have to push hard. It will push through the dust seal and seat firmly in place. Your system will recognize your headphones and everything is fine. I honestly only registered with acer to post this comment because I'm so happy that I can finally use my headphones with my laptop. Don't worry about pushing too hard. You can't break it unless you apply force perpendicularly and snap off the connector in the port, which is really hard to do unless you're trying. 

• JackE
    Congrats. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ