Predator PH317-51-74LL flickering graphics

Bujin
Bujin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My graphics in games has started to flicker. Link to video below.

The problem came from one day to another. Doesn't matter which game I try it's the same problem.
If disable the GTX1060 the graphics are ok so the problem seems to be that card.

I've tried several different drivers and did a full factory reset but nothing has helped so far.
Any tip how to fix it or is the GTX1060 broken?

Answers

• asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    does it flickers while charging or on the battery???? did you try downloading the drivers from acer website???
  • Bujin
    Flickers both on battery and while charging. Tested the vga drivers on the acer website too but the flickering remains.
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    ok so this may be a hardware problem you should contact acer......have a nice day :)
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Bujin said:
    My graphics in games has started to flicker. Link to video below.

The problem came from one day to another. Doesn't matter which game I try it's the same problem.
    If disable the GTX1060 the graphics are ok so the problem seems to be that card.

I've tried several different drivers and did a full factory reset but nothing has helped so far.
    Any tip how to fix it or is the GTX1060 broken?

Can you try getting the FPS? It looks more like a screen refresh issue. Try turning on vsync and see if the issue persists.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    RIP I think your GPU is broken or turn or V-sync. You need a technical support.
  • Bujin
    Tried vsync on and off. No difference.
    Today it worked for about 1min after startup but then it started to flicker again. 
    Can it be heatrelated?
    Temps looks good tho. 
    Gpu at 46-50c while idling ingame.