Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51 - Black Screen

Options
2»

Answers

• Yourpvt
    Yourpvt Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have solved this on my Nitro 5. After installing a larger SSD my CPU would not boot. I thought it was a hard drive issue of some sort and reformated my nvme and sata multiple times. Long story short, I realized that my CPU would not boot if I screwed the bottom case back on. So, I started just screwing in one screw at a time and starting it up. It started up for all of 15 out of 17 screws. For some reason there are two screws that if they are screwed in the laptop will be just a black screen now. Not sure what caused that but I assume it can't withstand the case being opened much. 
  • Yourpvt
    Options
    If you have the laptop flipped over on its back with the sata removable door closest to your left hand and the front of the laptop where it folds open facing you, it is the top two screw aka the two rear screws furthest from you in the corner to your right hand. If I put the screws into there the laptop will not turn on at all. So, I just leave them out and it works just fine like that.
  • Yourpvt
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Figuring this out will drive you crazy. I hope this helps just one person. Once again, the two corner screws in the right corner aka the rest of the CPU when the laptop is flipped over and the front is facing you. If those are screwed in the laptop will do nothing but give me a black screen. The easy way to check if this is your issue is to just take all of the screws out from the bottom cover and see if it turns on. If it does you have this issue that I have suggested the correction for.
  • Tomahawk888
    Tomahawk888 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I believe I've found a solution. the issues start mostly after the windows updates. The display was going dark and the keyboard stayed lit and the buttons being unresponsive. My model doesnt have a pinhole to reset the battery. It was also randomly going to sleep. After some research I believe its the generic display driver, intel or nvidia grapics VGA drivers causing issues, due to windows updating the os. These drivers specifically seemed to fix my problem so far. Windows search for latest drivers didnt find them when I searched online though. The Nitro 5 is a truly powerful laptop when upgraded properly. Ive also heard a faulty ram card can cause the same blackout issue too. Hope this helps.
  • Frank3103
    Frank3103 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi,
    I have a Nitro 5 AN517-51 with the same problem! This is really annoying because I bought this Laptop a few months ago. 
    I have tried all of the above but the black screen still persists. 

Is there anything else I can try? 
  • Adyahrudrah
    Adyahrudrah Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    thetguy11 said:
    I fixed it. It is not a file nor a bug, not even a battery issue; it's simply a design error made by the company purposely so that when it breaks you would be forced to buy another when you take off the bottom of the computer. Location: it is located on the top left corner of the computer it looks like. A half moon plastic cut out on the frame. For me, it was slowly impaling the wire it was supposed to protect. The same wire that makes what you see on the screen if it's not too late. You can move it out of the way of the plastic.                                                  HOPEFULLY IT IS NOT TO LATE FOR YOU ACER NITRO 5 PLS FIX THIS  i have a the i5 8th gen GTX  1050ti
    Could you please elaborate how to remove the same ? I am having a hard time finding the correct solution.