Laptop Gets Really Loud After BIOS Update

snaxyz
snaxyz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hey guys i just bought an aspire 3 15 (e5-576g-56f9). I was updating the drivers and everything was working perfectly. Literally death quiet. Then i updated bios 1.29 to 1.43 and after the laptop restarted itself it started making so much noise. After a bit i restarted the laptop and fan was still so loud. It goes full power sometimes then dies down a bit (but still pretty much louder than my 5 y/o laptop)  Here's the problem, I tried to downgrade to 1.29 but it doest let me. So i really dont know what to do. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Kosianos
    Kosianos Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Hello sir.
    Since you got issues with your fan speed you can download a fan controller app to check if you can slow down the fan rpm . 

Hit the like and the yes if you solved the problem ✌️
  • ReL0ad3r
    ReL0ad3r Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi Snaxyz,

I think you might have the wrong model numbers listed in your post and I searched all over the internet and could not find the model numbers. 

Possible Fix... 
    Go into your, BIOS look for "Load Optimized Defaults" I think it's in the CMOS settings and be sure to click F10 to save and your fan should return to normal.
    You might also want to be sure your motherboard Cmos battery is not bad or dying as it may need to be replaced. 

Hope this helps  
    B)