Windows Activation key on G3-572

Options
Ishmohan10
Ishmohan10 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
G3-572 it will come with preloaded Windows 10 Home
Now,
I Need To Reinstall my operating system...Can Acer Provide the activation key..?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Windows 10 key on most laptops including Acer Predator laptops is stored is stored onto the mother board. You can reinstall without any issues. Windows will get auto activated.

How do I know? I did the same and windows 10 home was auto activated.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Metal_Masher
    Metal_Masher Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I f you want to get the key from windows go to the following link https://neosmart.net/OemKey/ and it'll explain in detail on how to get it using the app supplied
    As I used it just in case the computer some how de-activate itself (which has happened to my fathers win 10 laptop and I needed to acquire the key to sort this issue out) and I need to re-activate it using the key that came with the laptop.
    Or use the information in this link if you don't trust the app https://www.thewindowsclub.com/find-windows-product-key and there is a another link which I have already supplied describing on how to make a vbs script to retrieve the key for you into a file on the desktop.

Game 39%, Desk 122%, Work 57%
    CCPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ - 50.6%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 970M - 32.2%
    SSD: Crucial P1 3D NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 594.5%
    SSD: Patriot P200 1TB - 68.6%
    RAM: Unknown CT8G4SFS8213.M8FA Hynix HMA41GS6AFR8N-TF 1315 CT8G4SFS8213.M8FA 24GB - 56.9%
    MBD: Acer Predator G9-791
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    @Ishmohan10 >>>I Need To Reinstall my operating system>>>

Turn your machine completely off. Then turn it back on and ***immediately*** press & hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear to allow you to re-install Win10 to a factory fresh state from the hidden ACER recovery partition on your HDD or SSD. Follow instructions as in the video below for a full factory re-installation or a simple re-fresh. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Walmartyr
    Walmartyr Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It's stored in the bios so you don't need to type it in when you install windows. It will remain there even if you delete the recovery partition.

But in case you do need it for something, paste this into Command Prompt to get your key
    wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

• Markus1974
    Markus1974 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My ES1-731 did crash (software problem) last weekend, and I had no possibility to read out the activtion key.
    About Windows 10 and its ability to read the key from the mainboard:
    Does this work, if Windows 10 Home is running as a guest system in Virtualbox on Ubuntu linux?

Greetings,
    Markus
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Was it dual boot before the crash? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My ES1-731 did crash (software problem) last weekend, and I had no possibility to read out the activtion key.
    About Windows 10 and its ability to read the key from the mainboard:
    Does this work, if Windows 10 Home is running as a guest system in Virtualbox on Ubuntu linux?

Greetings,
    Markus
    No. Infact, even if you entered the key manually into a windows on a VM, it would get rejected. License is tied to hardware on 10, unlike 7 where it was per installed license at any time.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

There is a Windows public Product Key that you can get from your boot drive and the web and there is the Windows Activation Key that will be sent to you after buying a Windows license online. As mentioned above, for Windows OEM versions the Activation key is stored on the MOBO of your laptop. To migrate your pre or Clean installed OEM Windows OS to another PC you will need the help of Acer Services in your country, to just transfer Windows to another boot drive or Clean install/upgrade Windows on the same laptop it should not require anything, When I migrated a full license (not OEM) of MS Outlook to a new laptop I was asked by MS support for an e-mail address used when purchasing the license and received a key in return but I never had to use that key.